Windows 10: Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Discus and support Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacksonHarvey1, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Hi,

I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens to my iphone aswell.

Any Answers? Am desperate!

:)

JacksonHarvey1, Jan 31, 2019

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Personal Hotspot for iPhone connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

Try the following steps and check if that works:

Method 1: Forget the WIFI network and connect with it again:

1. Click on the Networks icon from the taskbar.

2. On the popup window, click on Networks and Internet settings.

3. In the Network settings, click on Manage WIFI settings option.

4. Now, select the IPhone’s hotspot name and click on Forget button.

5. Click on WIFI option from the left side panel and look for IPhone Hotspot.

6. Connect with the Hotspot and check if it is working.

Method 2:
    Personal Hotspot is not working on your computer

Please get back to us with the results.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 31, 2019
  4. [mjc] Win User

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

1. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI - Similar Threads - Unable connect Iphone

2. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  3. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  4. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  5. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it: Hi,I've followed the very easy instructions on how to setup a WiFi hotspot from my Surface Pro running Windows 10 but my iPhone 13 running iOS version 17.0.2 won't connect to it. All I get is the spinning logo.I can connect to the 'normal' WiFi from my router with my iPhone...
  6. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

7. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. WiFi Hotspot set up but my iPhone won't connect to it

9. Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB?

Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB?: Hey, guys, I just dug out my old iPhone 4s. But the WLAN chip is broken and I can't establish an internet connection. Can I share the internet of my laptop (Windows 10) with my IPhone via USB? LG Einem IPhone Hotspot geben über USB?
  10. Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone: At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to iphone hotspot

2. windows was unable to connect to iphone

3. unable to connect to hotspot iphone

4. unable to connect wifi through hot spot,
  5. apple device unable to connect to mikrotik wifi,
  6. problem with connecting to iphone hotspot,
  7. pc unable to connect to iphone hotspot,
  8. unable to connect to wifi using iphonw because pc doesnt have ethernet wifi connection,
  9. laptop unable to connect to iphone hotspot,
  10. un able to connect to iphone hotspot,
  11. unableto connect to iphone hotspot,
  12. unable to connect to wifi iphone,
  13. unable to connect to mobile hotspot iphone,
  14. iphone 4g hotspot unable,
  15. iphone unable to connect to hotspot