Windows 10: Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website

Discus and support Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the past month or so I have not been able to connect to any microsoft program such as xbox app, Skype or the windows store. And if I try to connect... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MicahMcmullin, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website

In the past month or so I have not been able to connect to any microsoft program such as xbox app, Skype or the windows store. And if I try to connect to any antivirus website, same thing. I've looked through my programs to find which one could be causing it but I honestly have no clue.

:)

MicahMcmullin, Sep 20, 2019

2. Unable to connect to websites and apps.

Hello Thimo,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the questions mentioned below.

• Which browser are you using to access the websites?
    • Do you receive any error messages related to the issue?
    • How did you ascertain that the IPv4 configuration settings are leading to this issue?
    • What is the default antivirus software you use? Because third-party antivirus firewalls may block connections to certain websites.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the Proxy settings are enabled. If so, then disable it.

a. Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
    inetcpl.cpl

b. Under Internet Options, go to Connections tab.

c. Click on the LAN Settings button.

d. Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.

e. Click Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you better.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 20, 2019
  3. unable to connect some websites

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • How is your computer connected to the internet? Wired/Wireless?
    • Are you facing this issue with all the browsers?
    • Did you try to access the same websites from any other device?

I request you to run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 20, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website

Connection to websites

Hello,

We understand that you are having connection issues with your PC. We would like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How is your PC connected to the internet? Hard wired or wireless?
    • If you are using a wireless connection, are there other devices connected to the internet? Are they having issues as well?
    • If you are using a hard wired connection, have you tried to do any troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you provide us the exact message on your screen when you access any websites?

Here's a
    support article
    that you can check. This provides several troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue regarding network connections in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website

1. Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website - Similar Threads - Unable connect microsoft

2. Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10: So, I am unable to connect to my wifi through my broadband router. I tried many things , including router hard reset multiple times. I am able to connect using my mobile hotspotwhich uses WPA3 but not through my broadband router through wifi or LAN. I am using WPA2AES...
  3. Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10: So, I am unable to connect to my wifi through my broadband router. I tried many things , including router hard reset multiple times. I am able to connect using my mobile hotspotwhich uses WPA3 but not through my broadband router through wifi or LAN. I am using WPA2AES...
  4. Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website

I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website: Recently I have been unable to start my VPN or indeed access any VPN website, hwoever my current VPN oprovider is working fine on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-a-vpn-or-access-any-vpn/9eb942c3-e68b-4d9e-93fa-c58f490be0c4
  6. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet: When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our...
  7. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet: When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our...
  8. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

9. Unable to connect to a website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to a website: Hello, I’m unable to connect to this particular [site](netcarshow.com) from Win10 (tried chrome, firefox, edge), it keeps saying ‘This site can’t be reached’. But I have no trouble connecting from my iPhone. Any idea why and how to fix it? submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0...
  10. Unable to Connect to any Websites using HTTP or HTTPS

Unable to Connect to any Websites using HTTP or HTTPS: This issue arises randomly and only once has it ever recovered. Event viewer also does not show anything either. Restarting fixes this issue, but I would rather find out what caused this issue in the first place. I cannot connect to any sites using HTTP or HTTPS but I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to websites windows 10