Windows 10: Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network.

Discus and support Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Both my sons used to be able to connect their own laptops to their Minecraft Java Edition LAN World in order to play together. They were logged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkRatnam, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network.

Hi,Both my sons used to be able to connect their own laptops to their Minecraft Java Edition LAN World in order to play together. They were logged in to the same wifi network at home. They each have separate Minecraft accounts. However, after installing a network printer and network drive in my home, one of my son's laptop is unable to detect or connect to the LAN world within the same wifi network. I have tried some of the methods suggested in this community, such as Turning on Sharing and Network Discovery, ensuring that the MSC services are running Function Discovery Provider HostFunction D

:)

MarkRatnam, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Adam Mac Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10 can't connect to local server on LAN

Completed stock install of the java-based Minecraft server (version 1.13) on a Windows 10 machine #1. Forwarded ports, opened firewalls, and external "ping" sites confirm that they can see the server, and show the custom MOTD that I set up. So far so good. Port is 25565, and netstat -a -b -n confirms that only Minecraft is listening on this port.

On Windows 10 machine #2 (connected to the same network as machine #1 only via wifi) or Windows 10 machine #1 (hard-wired to network), I run Minecraft for Windows 10, log into Xbox Live, and "Add Server" using my WAN IP (not LAN IP). The server cannot be located, and if I try to connect, I get "Unable to connect to world" after a wait of about 15 seconds. How can I configure the server to allow these Win10 clients to connect? Extensive googling has been fruitless.

I also tried using "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" as the server IP in the Windows 10 clients, as well as the WAN IP.

I am out of trouble-shooting ideas, so would very much like some help - is this some kind of versioning issue? Or is there some kind of setting in server.properties that I need to change? Heeeeellpppp!!!!

EDIT:

• No whitelisting
    • I tried the server LAN IP (192.168.x.x) as well - same error
    • The Minecraft client has no issues connecting to the "featured
      servers"
    • Router is Asus RT-N66U; no network services filters, blacklists, or parental controls
    • The clients are the UWP version, from the Microsoft Store, not the
      Java versions.

Adam Mac, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world

Hi Angelito,

The game server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the Minecraft world. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to connect to an external server on Minecraft before?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    • Do you have a firewall (or antivirus firewall)? If yes, try to disable it.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This could help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network.

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world TRIED ALL

Hello. I made my friend buy minecraft windows 10 edition, and we couldn't connect to each other worlds, it shows: Unable to connect to world. msng error.

There is a list of things we tried:

Enable Firewall and restart pc

Unstall and Install

Set properly DNZ at modem and also set IP

Also Disable Firewall

Set at minecraft multiplayer an option "Only invite"

We also cried and lost 3 hours of our life trying to figure out what is happening.

We are not playing on LAN. We also can play games on steam and other platforms without any trouble.

PLEASE FOR THE SOUL OF THE GOOD CREEPER, SOMEONE HELP US !!! i really just wanna play with my friend Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network. :))

Johny Borges, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network.

1. Unable to connect to Minecraft Java Edition LAN World while on the same wifi network. - Similar Threads - Unable connect Minecraft

2. minecraft education edition "unable to connect to world" problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft education edition "unable to connect to world" problem.: hi microsoft, for some time now my friend has been having issues connecting to my world. it was working just fine few days ago until something happened and his account doesnt join any of my worlds....
  3. minecraft education edition "unable to connect to world" problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minecraft education edition "unable to connect to world" problem.: hi microsoft, for some time now my friend has been having issues connecting to my world. it was working just fine few days ago until something happened and his account doesnt join any of my worlds....
  4. Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Win10 Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Win10 Edition: My siblings are trying to connect to my world through xbox live and it wont work. They can connect through LAN, and I/my friends are able to connect to my world through xbox livenot on the same network. My siblings are not able to connect to my world through xbox live while...
  5. Minecraft Unable to connect to world.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Unable to connect to world.: My friend can play servers together as well as play other friends worlds together. We can even have others join our worlds and play on realms. But I cannot play on his world and he cannot play on mine. We have tried all or the recommended settings. We have also tried joining...
  6. Minecraft Unable to connect to world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Unable to connect to world: Hello, me and my little sister wanted to play together on her world so I tried joining her world I play on a windows 10 and she plays on an Xbox one s Then I got the Unable to connect to world Issue and btw we Get internet from phone : <3...
  7. MInecraft Windows 10 edition unable to connect to world

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MInecraft Windows 10 edition unable to connect to world: I have owned minecraft for a long time now and have had the same problem since I originally got the game. Whenever I try to connect to a friends world on Xbox or switch it says "Connecting To Multiplayer Game" for about 5-25 seconds and then it says "Unable to connect to...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world: Every time I try to join my friend when he is playing on Xbox I get the message saying "unable to connect to world" My NAT type is open I've tried doing the PowerShell command I've uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft (ver. 1.13.1 btw) Please, if anyone has a solution to...
  9. Minecraft: unable to connect to world

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft: unable to connect to world: I am playing a survival game on VER 1809 and faced an issue because I am unable to connect to world. I tried a different computer but the issue persisted. My friend is able to join my world from his pc...
  10. Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home edition in my laptop. I am able to connect to my home network through LAN cable but when I am trying to connect to my home network through WIFI, I am unable to connect. I have tried troubleshooting. I have tried disabling and enabling...