Windows 10: Unable to connect to my Microsoft account from the Settings menu

Discus and support Unable to connect to my Microsoft account from the Settings menu in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, After installing Win10 on my laptop one year ago i decided to disconnect my microsoft account to my session. I am now using my laptop with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EniotnaEG, Oct 29, 2020.

1. EniotnaEG Win User

Unable to connect to my Microsoft account from the Settings menu

Hi,

After installing Win10 on my laptop one year ago i decided to disconnect my microsoft account to my session.

I am now using my laptop with a 'local session'.

Yesterday i tried to connect back my account went to 'settings' -> 'Connect' on the top of the winow , and at this point a pop up appears and says

' You need an app to open this ms-chx link', i click 'OK', then nothing happens....

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards to all

:)

EniotnaEG, Oct 29, 2020

2. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 29, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to my Microsoft account from the Settings menu - Similar Threads - Unable connect Microsoft

2. Can't connect to my Microsoft account in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to my Microsoft account in settings: I've tried changing my password and restarting the computer multiple times, but the error persists. Bluetooth can not be turned on it's not in the action centre, and can't be added to the action centre, but Bluetooth and Other Devices is still an option in settings, and I...
  3. Can't connect to my Microsoft account in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to my Microsoft account in settings: I've tried changing my password and restarting the computer multiple times, but the error persists. Bluetooth can not be turned on it's not in the action centre, and can't be added to the action centre, but Bluetooth and Other Devices is still an option in settings, and I...
  4. Can't connect to my Microsoft account in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts: because of a job change I'm cleaning up some accounts from my computerthere are two accounts listed under settings > account > email & accountsthere is no option to delete these accountsThese are ms 365 work accountshow do I remove them?...
  6. unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts: because of a job change I'm cleaning up some accounts from my computerthere are two accounts listed under settings > account > email & accountsthere is no option to delete these accountsThese are ms 365 work accountshow do I remove them?...
  7. unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to remove a microsoft account from my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a microsoft account from my computer: My brother recently logged into his microsoft account on my computer in order to do some work and now I cannot remove his account from my computer. For some reason his account tries to log into things instead of mine and his name is listed in my settings and under my account...
  9. Unable to remove a microsoft account from my profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to remove a microsoft account from my profile.: I recently signed into my microsoft account store app to install a game i had, but noticed my computer profile picture was turned into my microsoft account picture, and my outlook account was attached to it as well. i tried to remove it the way the instructions told me to,...
  10. signing into my microsoft account from settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    signing into my microsoft account from settings: hi. a blind it student, and using windows 10 64 bit pro 1607 on a toshiba satellite pro c-50-a and i use a screen reader jaws for windows from Freedom Scientific Home Page. and now i have a local account, no password. auto login, but when i try to then fix my microsoft...