Windows 10: Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN

Discus and support Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have OpenVPN setup as a VPN tunnel back to my home network, where I can remotely manage my servers/networking equipment. Almost everything works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/log1x__, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN

I have OpenVPN setup as a VPN tunnel back to my home network, where I can remotely manage my servers/networking equipment. Almost everything works fine except for my NAS. Im running Windows 10 (i know, its not great, im planning on getting an actual storage server and not just an old PC) And using the OpenVPN Server built into my router (netgear nighthawk r7800). Accessing from my phone back home works fine on my home network, but i am unable to access my NAS outside of my home network. One problem may be that my Local IP from OpenVPN is a 192.168.2.x, where my home network is 192.168.1.x. Could Samba be blocking my 192.168.2.x LAN address because its on a different subnet?

Thanks for the help in advance!

submitted by /u/log1x__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/log1x__, Apr 13, 2021
  2. 鹏森魏 Win User

win10 :Openvpn is Unrecognized network 。

win10Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN :eek:penvpn id connected success,but in Network and Sharing Center, it shows Unrecognized network .

In my old win7,it can work. Sended and Received all have data.

Chinese,poor English,sorry.

鹏森魏, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Peters48 Win User
    RPC error: cannot connect to NAS drive

Since upgrading from Win7(64) to Win10(64), I have been unable to connect to my NAS drive (\\NET_DRIVE). While I can see the drive in windows for mapping a drive, File Explorer and Network Sharing, when I try to map the drive, I get the following error:
    \\NET_DRIVE is not accessible.... A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

• The NAS drive is connected to my WiFi router, not to a remote computer.
    • The user profile I'm using has administrative rights
    • This problem did not occur when running Windows 7. It started when I upgraded to Windows 10
    How can I fix this so I can access my NAS drive?

Peters48, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN

win10 :Openvpn is Unrecognized network 。

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Please share the following details.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Are you connected to any domain networks?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.

• Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest network drivers
    from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN

1. Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN - Similar Threads - Unable connect NAS

2. Unable to connect to internet over VPN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to internet over VPN.: So, my issue is a bit tricky. I have my work VPN which is required for working on any company project. I was able to connect via it just before the weekend but now it has stopped working. When connected via the said VPN, I am unable to browse through any web browser or open...
  3. Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive: Three days ago, I upgraded the firmware on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS drive. As part of the firmware update, I had to change the passwords for two of the users. Since then, I cannot access shares on the NAS drive from my main DELL computer. Two days ago, after much fiddling...
  4. unable to connect to fritz box NAS

unable to connect to fritz box NAS: I have a problem that has just recently raised it´s ugly head here it is Restoring Network Connections An error occured while reconnecting to \\Fritz-nas\fritz.nas microsoft windows network: Not enough memory resources are available to process command I have did the...
  5. OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution

OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution: ISSUE OpenVPN is getting connected. But sites are not resolved DESCRIPTION Our organization have an OpenVPN Neth server with limted server and site access. Some Windows 10 Pro machines are able to access the servers and sites after connecting to the VPN server, some are...
  6. NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035: I have tried fixes, posted on Facebook. Nothing helps to show Win Explorer NAS drive says disconnected / cannot locate ? Please assist....
  7. Unable to access shared files over OpenVPN

Unable to access shared files over OpenVPN: I have an OpenVPN set up on my router and I'm able to connect to it to access my router, switch, NAS, etc via browser on my phone. I'm also able to access shared files from my Windows 10 computer on my phone using a file manager app (Solid Explorer). However, I'm not able to...
  8. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  9. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...
  10. OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address: Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect. I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it...