Windows 10: Unable to connect to my wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Unable to connect to my wifi on Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been unable to connect my windows 10 laptop to my Home Wifi since the last windows upgrade. This has really been uncomfortable for me,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChukwunweikeJoseph-Azunyi, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to my wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

Hello,

I have been unable to connect my windows 10 laptop to my Home Wifi since the last windows upgrade. This has really been uncomfortable for me, can someone please sort this out and tell me how to enable network discovery to find my Home wifi again. Thank you.

:)

ChukwunweikeJoseph-Azunyi, Jan 1, 2019
  2. tmork Win User

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Jan 1, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Go see the campus IT gods that handle student network issues. They are there for a reason and may have to redo the setup to allow your unit to connect to the campus network if there was something they had to do before.

Also they can lock out a computer that flags on the system as an issue, and again go see the IT gods on campus.

bro67, Jan 1, 2019
  4. francis Win User

Unable to connect to my wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

using mob phone connected to i/net via public wifi to connect laptop

Hi, recently purchased new laptop with windows 10 installed. I currently use public/open wifi connection to connect to the internet for non private surfing (private matters dealt with via payg dongle). However, this open wifi connection can be erratic (whereas previous laptop running windows 7 connected as and when requested). Once connected, it is faultless and speedy enough for my needs. I have also marked this connection as ‘automatic’.
    I know that it is not the signal strength, it is simply the initial connection, with which my new laptop seems to struggle with! My screen shows all available networks so is picking up all correct signals. When I click ‘connect’ it will go through the motions for approx 2-3 seconds and then say ‘unable to connect to this network’ and other times, it will say ‘connecting’ and will go through these motions, and will continue to say ‘connecting’ for 15 minutes and longer or until I get sick of waiting!
    On the occasions when it does finally ‘connect’, it will begin with a message in the ‘action centre’ saying ‘click on message to connect to open wifi’-it will then go to the open/public wifi homepage and connect-from thereon, I am fine.
    Why won’t my laptop connect as easily to open wifi as last machine did on windows 7, and why does it continually say ‘unable to connect to internet’ or remain in ‘connecting’ mode?
    A further query I have (apologies) is when my laptop refuses to connect to internet as above, my mobile phone connects to the open wifi easily so I certainly know that it is not the distance that is in question, or the strength of signal-bearing this in mind, is it possible to connect my laptop and mobile phone via usb and possible to use my phone when it is connected to the open wifi source to connect my laptop to internet via this route? If so, would somebody give me step by step instructions to connect this way, please. The phone I currently have is a 3g sony xperia mini pro (which I am sure you can gather I have had for few years now!)
    Many thanks for all replies and all assistance is gratefully received.

francis, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to my wifi on Windows 10 Laptop

1. Unable to connect to my wifi on Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable connect wifi

2. unable to connect wifi in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect wifi in my laptop: i am uning HP 430 windos 7 OS, i am unable to connect the wifi in my laptop, wifi usb adoptor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-wifi-in-my-laptop/a3811ba3-5739-4c3d-9de5-18fc258a62e0
  3. unable to connect wifi in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to connect wifi in my laptop: i am uning HP 430 windos 7 OS, i am unable to connect the wifi in my laptop, wifi usb adoptor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-wifi-in-my-laptop/a3811ba3-5739-4c3d-9de5-18fc258a62e0
  4. windows 10 laptop unable to connect to internet via wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 laptop unable to connect to internet via wifi: i've been having an issue recently where my laptop is unable to access the internet via my home wifi. my laptop is acer nitro an515-51 series. it connects to other wifi networks just fine and can connect to my home internet via ethernet, which is how i'm making this post....
  5. windows 10 laptop unable to connect to internet via wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 laptop unable to connect to internet via wifi: i've been having an issue recently where my laptop is unable to access the internet via my home wifi. my laptop is acer nitro an515-51 series. it connects to other wifi networks just fine and can connect to my home internet via ethernet, which is how i'm making this post....
  6. windows 10 laptop unable to connect to internet via wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to Connect to Wifi from Laptop

Unable to Connect to Wifi from Laptop: I have Windows 10, 64 bit laptop. I am unable to Connect it to the Wifi - through mobile tethering connection. It is showing that Action is needed. If i click on it, it will simply open the browser. And when i did troubleshooting it is showing like need to login to internet...
  8. Unable to connect to public wifi on my Dell laptop (running Windows 10)

Unable to connect to public wifi on my Dell laptop (running Windows 10): Hi Everyone In the last few months, my laptop has suddenly decided to stop connecting to public wifi (for example, in Starbucks). I'm not sure what the issue is. I have tried problem shooting including turning off the firewall, uninstalling and reinstalling the relevant...
  9. Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10

Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10: This is an issue I have been having for months on end. I have no clue what started it, or how to fix it. I've ran down every single option on the troubleshooter webpage, including the network reset, after checking in every nook and cranny of my files to see if anything was...
  10. Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi: Hi, I purchased a new computer running Windows 10 (build 10240) today and have set up the windows. However, it will not allow me to connect to my wifi. When I use the network option in the task bar, no wifi networks are shown and it says that there are no connections...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

2. unable to connect to wifi in windows 10