Windows 10: Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

Discus and support Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot connect to my work PPTP VPN. After rebooting I get the error the specified port already open. I tried to connect using different Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveWeekend, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

I cannot connect to my work PPTP VPN. After rebooting I get the error the specified port already open. I tried to connect using different Windows 10 computers and it was OK so I think there is no issue with either the RAS or my home network.\

I tried to delete and recreate the connection, then turned off the firewall. The troubleshooter didn’t find any issue.

:)

DaveWeekend, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Mar 24, 2019
  3. mdrew Win User
    PPTP VPN setup

The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."

Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN [​IMG]

The settings on the phone, which work are:
    Type: PPTP
    <checked> PPP encryption (MPPE)

Here are the error messages from the Event Viewer

mdrew, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

PPTP VPN

I just installed and configured a PPTP VPN on a Centos 6 VM and it works very well.

You will need ppp and pptpd installed as well as "Development Tools"

You will need to ensure ip_forwarding is enabled in sysctl.conf

You will want to add the appropriate iptables rules for port 1723.

Finally will want to set your IP range for tunneling, point to googles DNS (optional) and add usernames/password.

I highly recommend this if you are like me and like to VPN using wireless from an untrusted location.

Easy Rhino, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

1. Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN - Similar Threads - Unable connect PPTP

2. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  3. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  4. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Auto Connect PPTP VPN in Windows 10

Auto Connect PPTP VPN in Windows 10: I was not able to find a way to do this on these forums, but it seems lots of people are asking this question. I started with this thread on Expertsexchange https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28808999/Auto-Start-VPN-when-windows-10-starts.html I used the task...
  6. Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN: I was trying to connect to my office PPTP VPN, but it fails with no error after the reboot. I tried again but received an error message "the specified port already open". I don’t think the issue is caused by the RAS or my home network because I can connect from other...
  7. Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN: Hi I managed to connect on pptp and OpenVPN to access the home network remotely but when I go to explorer and try to locate the network computers, I don't see them and I would like to see what can be done to fix it. thanks Anthony...
  8. On trying to connect to my work PPTP VPN, the first time after a reboot it fails with no...

On trying to connect to my work PPTP VPN, the first time after a reboot it fails with no...: I can connect from other PCs running Windows 10 so assume that there is no issue with either the RAS or my home network. I have tried deleting and recreating the connection. I have tried turning off the firewall. The connection fails after the log on phase. The network...
  9. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  10. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. unable to connect to work vpn