Windows 10: Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates

Discus and support Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft has desabled the protocolo SMB1 for my Buffalo LS220D, and I don´t know how to enable protocol SMB2 needed to work with that LS ***Original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JVidosaG, Oct 11, 2019.

1. JVidosaG Win User

Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates

Microsoft has desabled the protocolo SMB1 for my Buffalo LS220D, and I don´t know how to enable protocol SMB2 needed to work with that LS

***Original title: No connection to my Buffalo LS220D after last Windods 10 Update***

:)

JVidosaG, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Peters48 Win User

RPC error: cannot connect to NAS drive

Since upgrading from Win7(64) to Win10(64), I have been unable to connect to my NAS drive (\\NET_DRIVE). While I can see the drive in windows for mapping a drive, File Explorer and Network Sharing, when I try to map the drive, I get the following error:
    \\NET_DRIVE is not accessible.... A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

• The NAS drive is connected to my WiFi router, not to a remote computer.
    • The user profile I'm using has administrative rights
    • This problem did not occur when running Windows 7. It started when I upgraded to Windows 10
    How can I fix this so I can access my NAS drive?

Peters48, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 11, 2019
  4. adisid Win User

Unable to map NAS drive

I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties.

The NAS drive is directly connected via ethernet cable to my laptop.

Laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise 1809.

Laptop's IP address on the ethernet card is set to 192.168.1.1

I was able to retrieve the IP address of the WD NAS drive by using the arp command and it's set to 192.168.1.2

I have forgotten the name of the root share folder on the NAS drive.

The problem:

I am unable to map the NAS drive to my laptop. When I try to click on Network in Windows Explorer OR use the Map Network Drive option, I get a "Network Discovery is turned off" error.

To enable Network Discovery, I turned on / enabled all of the below

1. In Advanced Network Sharing, network discovery is turned on for Private, Public, Domain and All Networks

2. DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host sevices are running

3. Network Discovery is checked in Windows Defender

4. Ran the following command as administrator netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group=”Network Discovery” new enable=Yes

In spite of this I get the "Network Discovery is turned off' error.

I am able to ping 192.168.1.2 in the command prompt and get a response.

Any suggestions on how to fix the error OR another way to access the NAS drive would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adi.

adisid, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates - Similar Threads - Unable connect NAS

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive: Three days ago, I upgraded the firmware on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS drive. As part of the firmware update, I had to change the passwords for two of the users. Since then, I cannot access shares on the NAS drive from my main DELL computer. Two days ago, after much fiddling...
  4. unable to connect to fritz box NAS

unable to connect to fritz box NAS: I have a problem that has just recently raised it´s ugly head here it is Restoring Network Connections An error occured while reconnecting to \\Fritz-nas\fritz.nas microsoft windows network: Not enough memory resources are available to process command I have did the...
  5. lost connection to NAS after windows update

lost connection to NAS after windows update: After a recent Windows 10 update i lost connection to my NAS and it will not let me reconnect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-connection-to-nas-after-windows-update/9bf1c8a0-b141-4556-bb2e-25f92a7b7182
  6. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update: Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g....
  7. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...
  8. Windows updates bork my mapped NAS drive connections

Windows updates bork my mapped NAS drive connections: for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored"). so, i uninstall the update every week, but this is a pain, and probably hurts security. i just had my second support session with...
  9. unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update: unable to see or access NAS after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/unable-to-see-or-access-nas-after-windows-10/1e915666-30bf-49d9-a7eb-b54643245955
  10. Unable to Install Software From NAS drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Software From NAS drive: Hi all I wonder if you guys can help me with something that's started happening fairly recently. I'm running Windows 10 x64 Home edition. If it helps, I have 16Gb of RAM and a 1TB HDD. I don't think that information will make any difference but there you have it. I also...