Windows 10: Unable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP!

Discus and support Unable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys.. sometimes I'm unable to connect to the net. But I'm able to connect after I do a system restore. I've noticed in system restore that 'windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yahanna, Mar 24, 2021.

1. yahanna Win User

Unable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP!

Hi guys.. sometimes I'm unable to connect to the net. But I'm able to connect after I do a system restore. I've noticed in system restore that 'windows modules installer' may be be the culprit. When I do a system restore going back to a restore point before this 'windows modules installer' was installed, I'm then successfully able to surf the net.

This all started last week when I installed Deluge, the torrent client. It asked to give permission in my firewall to connect. I dont remember if I did or not. But I noticed that after this when I restarted my PC I was not able to connect to the net until after I did a system restore.

I'm able to connect to but I dont want to keep doing system restores all the time.

Is there a way to reset the firewall or whatever it is?

:)

yahanna, Mar 24, 2021
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CUnable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP! :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CUnable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP! :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 24, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Unable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP!

Unable to connect to the internet on Windows 10

Hi Naresh,

I realize that you are unable to connect to Internet. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Do you have a wired net connection or a WiFi net connection?

You can plug in the Ethernet cable directly to the computer and check if you are able to connect to Internet. There might be situations that you might have to install the pending updates and also to update the network driver.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates with a wired net connection and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP!

1. Unable to Connect to Net Unless Doing a System Restore - HELP! - Similar Threads - Unable Connect Net

2. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  3. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  4. Windows 11 System Restore - Can No Longer Connect to Internet Unless Windows Firewall...

Windows 11 System Restore - Can No Longer Connect to Internet Unless Windows Firewall...: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help because I'm stumped.I recently did a system restore on Windows 11, and after the restore I couldn't connect to the internet. I at first thought it was my browser Opera, but tried Edge and had no success there, either. I've messed with...
  5. Windows 11 System Restore - Can No Longer Connect to Internet Unless Windows Firewall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Restore - Can No Longer Connect to Internet Unless Windows Firewall...: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help because I'm stumped.I recently did a system restore on Windows 11, and after the restore I couldn't connect to the internet. I at first thought it was my browser Opera, but tried Edge and had no success there, either. I've messed with...
  6. System failed to do system restore

System failed to do system restore: I made some changes to registry settings without enough knowledge but before that I ensure that I made a restore point in my system after restart I dont like the changes I made and im afraid it will cause further issues so I want to perform system restore in my computer...
  7. Need help with system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with system restore: My laptop was running the fan at maximum speed today and the CPU Usage also 100%. So I tried to do a System restore, but it has been 1.5 hours and it is still running . My laptop has a 1TB HDD. Do I need to wait more or Do I shut it down forcefully. What is the normal time to...
  8. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  9. System restore stuck, help!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore stuck, help!!!: my laptop is stuck on system restore is restoring the registry for 2 hours now.. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-help/c7fc7731-5238-41da-8315-7c73c987d9e7
  10. unable to do system restore. this messages appears Dx80070005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to do system restore. this messages appears Dx80070005: message appear dx80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/unable-to-do-system-restore-this-messages-appears/9efbeb5d-116d-4385-a602-ea06c3a75cf1