Windows 10: Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

Discus and support Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I built this new computer, everything seemed fine. I can browse the internet with fast speeds etc. however I am unable to play online games in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jimmyjam, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Jimmyjam Win User

Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

Recently I built this new computer, everything seemed fine. I can browse the internet with fast speeds etc. however I am unable to play online games in applications such as steam or origin. When I restart I am sometimes able to connect to csgo servers for 5 minutes or so but then lose connection. I have tried turning off my firewall and turning of the firewall on my router but I am unsure of what to do. I am running windows 10 64 bit version 18363.418 - any suggestions?

:)

Jimmyjam, Jan 6, 2020

2. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

Steam games won't launch on Windows 10?

Hi Oaasfari,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which are all the Steam games you are unable to launch?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to launch the game?
    If the Steam games are not working in Windows 10 then, I would suggest you to contact the Games manufacturer for further assistance and check if the Game is compatible with Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc

1. Unable to connect to online games such as in steam etc - Similar Threads - Unable connect online

2. cannot connect to online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to online games: Online gaming Connectivity Issues but Browser Works I've had this gaming pc for about 3 years now and ive never ran into any issues in terms of speed or running my gamesAbout a week ago now ive been experiencing connectivity issues with online gamesLeague of Legendsgames wont...
  3. cannot connect to online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot connect to online games: Online gaming Connectivity Issues but Browser Works I've had this gaming pc for about 3 years now and ive never ran into any issues in terms of speed or running my gamesAbout a week ago now ive been experiencing connectivity issues with online gamesLeague of Legendsgames wont...
  4. Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...: Hello,I've been trying to fix this issue for almost 2 years, and I still need help to fix it.When I game offline, all my games run smoothbut not always, but when I play games online, I get micro stutters almost like motion blur like stuttering, and the micro stutters add...
  5. Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games microstutter online valorant, csgo, etc...: Hello,I've been trying to fix this issue for almost 2 years, and I still need help to fix it.When I game offline, all my games run smoothbut not always, but when I play games online, I get micro stutters almost like motion blur like stuttering, and the micro stutters add...
  6. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: Basically I have my mic set up properly but I am not able to access it on any desktop apps outside of Microsoft owned ones. Please help, as this only affects my current computer and not others with the same exact settings....
  7. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: I have gone through all of the regular steps and have my microphone set up on my new laptop and have turned on access to apps. However, after going through all of this microsoft has blocked microphone access to discord or any other games. The link that I have been given is...
  8. Online games not connecting to servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Online games not connecting to servers: Hi there, My online games are not connecting to servers But my internet is working fully good Every site is working fine like youtube, twitch, facebook but online browser games and other online games are not connecting to servers like i tried PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends....
  9. Network not working for online games and Steam.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not working for online games and Steam.: Hello. Let begin with the beginning. I have changed my router. Is a 'FritzBox fon WLAN 7170'. First i connected, it was all good, i tried to connect to browser and it was good. Then i tried to connect Steam. "Could not connect to the steam network, either check your...
  10. Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not able to connect to steam, dropbox, onedrive etc: Hello to anyone that can advice, I have installed window 10 2 days ago both on the laptop(alienware) and tablet(Samsung ATIV smartpro). After that I realise both computer not able to login into steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network...