Windows 10: Unable to connect to Public wifi with web login from Feb 5th 2019 Sequrity updates

Discus and support Unable to connect to Public wifi with web login from Feb 5th 2019 Sequrity updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have Win 10 Lenovo laptop which was working fine until Feb 5th 2019 where I was connecting to Telstra Public wifi in Perth Australia and login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbhilashJG Nair, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to Public wifi with web login from Feb 5th 2019 Sequrity updates

Hi,

I have Win 10 Lenovo laptop which was working fine until Feb 5th 2019 where I was connecting to Telstra Public wifi in Perth Australia and login Telstra via Microsoft edge and it working fine,

On 5th Feb after automatic security updates when I am connecting to Telstra it saying "No Network, Open" but edge is not opening login screen which was happening automatically earlier. And I noticed a Shield with a exclamation mark also on Public wifi.

When I entered the login screen url Edge or IE not opening page

You’re not connected to a network.

I rememeber around this time Windows defender opened to set app and browser control after this windows update, So don't know weather it caused the issue.

Now when I connect to public wifi no login screen on edge is poping out to login with my credentials, some thing blocking that need help...

:)

AbhilashJG Nair, Mar 21, 2019

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Unable to connect public Wifi login page

No problem to connect wifi in other public areas.

But in a specific hotel, my laptop (window 8) able to detect the wifi so when I connect, the login page popup but "blank" - only show the logo of the internet company. so i am not able to connect the wifi.

Nobody at hotel understands why other guests can use their wifi but only my laptop can't, and I tried to google to find the solution.....

would you please help me how to fix the problem? Thanks.

IntrovertPerson, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to Public wifi with web login from Feb 5th 2019 Sequrity updates

Windows 10 Pro connected to Public Network - No prompt for password via web browser

Hi Phil,

A pop-up blocker may interrupt you from connecting to a public network. Turning it off may help you resolve your concern. If you're using Microsoft Edge, kindly click Setting> View advanced settings> toggle off the Block pop-ups. To isolate your concern,
    kindly answer the following:

• Which web browser are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you get an error message?

Meanwhile, please follow these steps:

• Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Type troubleshoot in Cortana> Click Internet Connections> Run the troubleshooter> Restart your computer.
    • Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter. Type troubleshoot in Cortana> Click Network Adapter> Run the troubleshooter> Restart your computer.
    • Update the network driver in the Device Manager. Open Device Manager> Expand Network Adapter>
      Right click on the wireless driver and click on Update driver software.
    Note: The automated troubleshooter will try to identify and then resolve the issues that it finds.

For more information, you may also read the links below. It's related to your concern.

Raymond Ave, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to Public wifi with web login from Feb 5th 2019 Sequrity updates

1. Unable to connect to Public wifi with web login from Feb 5th 2019 Sequrity updates - Similar Threads - Unable connect Public

2. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  6. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  7. Unable to connect to public wifi

8. Unable to connect to public WiFi on tablet

Unable to connect to public WiFi on tablet: I recently purchased an RCA Cambrio tablet running Windows 10. I have no problem whatsoever connecting to the internet using my home WiFi but am not able to do so on a public unsecured network. I wind up getting an authentication error. I have gone into settings to allow the...
  9. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  10. Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10: Hi guys, I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved. I also searched on this forum, but still nothing useful found. If I missed the right topic, I'm sorry, I'll provide to erase this asap. My problem is that I'm not able to access...