Windows 10: Unable to connect to school wifi network after upgrade to Window 11

Discus and support Unable to connect to school wifi network after upgrade to Window 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am having this problem. After I upgrade to OS to window 11. I am having issue connecting to my School wifi network for Student. It cannot get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joeylpp, Aug 18, 2022.

1. joeylpp Win User

Unable to connect to school wifi network after upgrade to Window 11

Hi,I am having this problem. After I upgrade to OS to window 11. I am having issue connecting to my School wifi network for Student. It cannot get connected. But I am able to connect to my home Wifi. Can I check how can I resolved this. I need to connect to School wifi during class. Is there any workaround for this. As I have reported to my school. they are unable to solve this problem. Thank you.

:)

joeylpp, Aug 18, 2022

2. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Enne Win User
    Unable to connect to the internet on my school's Wi-Fi network on Windows 10

There is a captive portal login page that must be signed before I get internet access, and that page is not opening because I don't have internet. When I try to open it via the URL, it says "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET" on Chrome and something similar on other browsers.

Important points:

• My Wifi adapter is Realtek RTL8723DE
    • It works fine on all other Wifi networks than my school network
    • All my other devices work fine on the school network and the captive portal opens
    • I used to be able to connect to the internet on the school network on my PC earlier as well, I can't think of any hardware or software change on my part that has triggered this issue.
    • My school network is protected by WPA2, and I have the password and can connect to the Wifi network without issues, but it says "No Internet".

What I've already tried:

• Restarting my pc
    • Making sure my Wifi drivers are up to date
    • Opening an http:// site without ssl, still says no internet
    • Opening the captive portal URL(I know it) on many different browsers.
    • Getting in touch with the school network admin, not helpful

4. 赃 cat Win User

cannot connect to wifi of school

Yes

I can see wifi networks when I switch on the wifi button.

Below the name of the school wifi, it says “secured”. Then tap to connect, so I input the login and password, it still said, I cannot connect to the school wifi network.

Information Centre says they either donot know what to do to solve this problem.

赃 cat, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to school wifi network after upgrade to Window 11 - Similar Threads - Unable connect school

2. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  3. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  4. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi connectivity issues after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connectivity issues after upgrading to windows 11: I recently updated my lenovo yoga 6 laptop to windows 11 once i finally didnt forget to do it after weeks, and now when i try and login to my university wifi i am asked to sign into my windows security. I have tried every combination of passwords and usernames it could be and...
  6. WiFi connectivity issues after upgrading to windows 11

WiFi connectivity issues after upgrading to windows 11: I recently updated my lenovo yoga 6 laptop to windows 11 once i finally didnt forget to do it after weeks, and now when i try and login to my university wifi i am asked to sign into my windows security. I have tried every combination of passwords and usernames it could be and...
  7. Unable to connect to school wifi network after upgrade to Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to school wifi network after upgrade to Window 11: Hi,I am having this problem. After I upgrade to OS to window 11. I am having issue connecting to my School wifi network for Student. It cannot get connected. But I am able to connect to my home Wifi. Can I check how can I resolved this. I need to connect to School wifi during...
  8. WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network

WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network: I have a HP Elitebook 840 G6 which I didn't use for about 6 months. When I recently powered it back on, it recognized all WIFI connections as 'secured', but refused to connect to any of them. After going through the process to connect incl entering password etc, it says...
  9. Wifi issue- unable to connect to this network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi issue- unable to connect to this network: I have a Surface Pro (Surface_Pro_1796), and since the last Windows 10 update I can't connect to a specific wifi network (the network itself works fine for all other devices) . I have tried to roll back to the last wireless adapter driver but that doesn't seem to fix the...
  10. WiFi network is unable to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi network is unable to connect: Havent been able to connect to my home wifi for about a week and a half. Computer will work with ethernet and phone hotspot. Ive tried all the basics and still nothing. Removing and adding wifi, soft reset, checked all firewalls and temporarily disabled everything. Open to...