Windows 10: Unable to connect to shared printer

Discus and support Unable to connect to shared printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have posted this problem before and have not cured it yet. I have two Windows 10 PCs on a local network that used to share printers on the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyD, Nov 28, 2020.

1. RoyD Win User

Unable to connect to shared printer

I have posted this problem before and have not cured it yet. I have two Windows 10 PCs on a local network that used to share printers on the old Homegroup arrangement. Both PCs have printers setup to be shared. Both PCs are on version 20H2
    now. Lets call them PC A and PC B for discussion. B can print to the laser printer on A but A cannot print to the color printer on B. The Devices and Printers setup section on A does not show the B printer. It does show both A and B PCs. On A I can select Add a Printer and search for the B printer. It is not found. So, I select a shared printer option and enter the printer name I am searching for, \\B\printername. I get a message saying Connecting to printername on B. After a lengthy time, the search times out and I am offered another search.
    I try several printername variations with no luck. Occasionally I am asked for my network credentials. When I go to Manage Credentials I find there is no credential entry for A or B. Is there a requirement for a credential entry on PCs sharing printers? If so, what should I enter for it? Just make it up, or is it supposed to already be defined somewhere? If not required, I will quit worrying about credentials for this problem. I could sure use some help with this problem. Right now I am confined to emailing the file to B and then printing it locally when I need to use the color printer on B.

:)

Thema:

Unable to connect to shared printer

1. Unable to connect to shared printer - Similar Threads - Unable connect shared

2. Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment: Dear team, I am trying to connect to the printer from windows 11 which is shared from windows 10 machine. During which i am frequently encountering "windows couldn't connect to the printer check the printer name and try again " i tried each and every step present over...
  3. Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to shared printer in workgroup environment: Dear team, I am trying to connect to the printer from windows 11 which is shared from windows 10 machine. During which i am frequently encountering "windows couldn't connect to the printer check the printer name and try again " i tried each and every step present over...
  4. Unable to access shared printer

Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  5. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  6. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  7. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  8. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

9. Unable to connect network shared printer to my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect network shared printer to my PC: I'm using windows 10 pro, trying to connect a shared printer to my PC from my workgroup. Another user can attach the printer via printer sharing resources in the workgroup. But I can't, Enable to browse shared printer PC name from my system. Kindly suggest....
  10. Unable to share printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to share printer: Hi I have a new Windows 10 system (A) which has a printer attached. I'm trying to share the printer with another computer (B) also running windows 10, both computers can see each other on the network but when B tries to look at A it gets a message that it can't access A....