Windows 10: Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm facing an issue with my laptop and to fix that i would like to run a DISM command in safe mode. However i cannot run DISM.exe /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RRS_1108, Oct 18, 2021.

1. RRS_1108 Win User

Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10

Hello, I'm facing an issue with my laptop and to fix that i would like to run a DISM command in safe mode. However i cannot run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth as i cannot connect to the internet in safe mode.I headed over to msconfig from pressing Windows+R and enabled the networking option under safe boot.I have also tried to connect via an elevated command prompt with Netsh wlan connect name="SSID" . I had ensured that this command works in the regular boot however to my dismay when i tried running it in safe mode, it said something about an interface not being there on

:)

RRS_1108, Oct 18, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 pro not connecting with internet in safe mode.

Hi Umair,

Conflicts with the network settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to connect to the Internet while in safe mode with Networking. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps provided by Jeffrey McClain
    in this
    thread
    on December 4, 2015. Many community members find his post helpful.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 no internet connection in safe mode with networking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following information to assist you better.

• Are you able to connect to the internet when the computer boots normally?

• Is there something specific that you are trying to do in safe mode?
    I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps:

• In search, type Troubleshooting

• Click on network and internet option.

• Click Internet connection

• Run the troubleshooter.

• Follow the on screen suggestions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10

Unable to access Internet while in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you able to connect to internet through normal mode?

2) Do you receive any error message, while trying to connect to internet in safe mode?

I would suggest you to try updating your network drivers by booting your system in normal mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Right click the Network Adapter drivers.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10

1. Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect internet

2. Can not connect to internet in safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect to internet in safe mode with networking: I am trying to connect to the internet using the safe mod with network option because my computer crashed and will not boot normally I am receiving the error code "system thread exception not handled" which I have been led to believe is most commonly an incompatible driver...
  3. Can not connect to internet in safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not connect to internet in safe mode with networking: I am trying to connect to the internet using the safe mod with network option because my computer crashed and will not boot normally I am receiving the error code "system thread exception not handled" which I have been led to believe is most commonly an incompatible driver...
  4. Slow internet in Windows 10 but not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet in Windows 10 but not in safe mode.: Hi all,Since one or two months ago, I am experiencing problems with my internet in Windows 10. If I start Windows normally and I run a speed test, the download/upload speed is no more than 1.1MBps with no reason. But if I run the same test in Safe mode with network options,...
  5. Slow internet in Windows 10 but not in safe mode.

Slow internet in Windows 10 but not in safe mode.: Hi all,Since one or two months ago, I am experiencing problems with my internet in Windows 10. If I start Windows normally and I run a speed test, the download/upload speed is no more than 1.1MBps with no reason. But if I run the same test in Safe mode with network options,...
  6. Slow internet in Windows 10 but not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10: Hello, I'm facing an issue with my laptop and to fix that i would like to run a DISM command in safe mode. However i cannot run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth as i cannot connect to the internet in safe mode.I headed over to msconfig from pressing Windows+R...
  8. Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10

Unable to connect to the internet in safe mode Windows 10: Hello, I'm facing an issue with my laptop and to fix that i would like to run a DISM command in safe mode. However i cannot run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth as i cannot connect to the internet in safe mode.I headed over to msconfig from pressing Windows+R...
  9. Unable to get to safe mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get to safe mode in windows 10: I recently updated to windows 10 pro on my home PC. all appeared well small glitches but nothing major thankfully.. Until now no matter what i try i cannot boot to safe mode i can get to it easily using shift-restart all the way through till i get to the press 4,5, or 6 then...
  10. Windows 10 Pro unable to connect to samba share but works in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro unable to connect to samba share but works in safe mode: I've been having issues with my laptop, a dell latitude 8850 not being able to connect to any network shares. Don't think it ever worked since I've had it. The machine in question is a windows 10 pro and is fully up to date Tried with shares that were created on: - synology...