Windows 10: Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Discus and support Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakubG, Apr 5, 2018.

1. JakubG Win User

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!

JakubG, Apr 5, 2018
  2. JakubG Win User

Hello everyone,

Since last Wednesday I cannot connect my PC to the Internet via Ethernet Cable. The last thing which was done was updating the system (KB4099989) the night before. Since then I tried to uninstall the update (unable) and restore the system (it didn't let me - there was an error). And finally, I checked the driver of NIC (updated/reinstalled but it didn't work out).

Now, I'm operating via Tethering, but it's not a solution. I would be grateful for any tips/solutions.

Regards,
    Kuba

:)

JakubG, Apr 14, 2018
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Unable to connect to internet via Ethernet cable on Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7xp

Hi Robin,

Let us isolate your issue by answering few questions below:

1. What error message are you getting?

2. What do you see on the Network icon on the lower right-hand corner of your computer's screen?

3. Type Device Manager in the Search bar. Click on
    Network Adapters. Do you see any question mark or exclamation point?

4. In the command prompt, type ipconfig and please send us a screenshot.

Thanks.

Maria Fab, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to internet via Ethernet cable on Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7xp

Hi Gerry,

I am not a computer savvy person at all, so please forgive me, but how do I do what you are asking when I can't access he internet. I am communicating with you via my boyfriends laptop.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Robin

RobinLawhorn, Apr 14, 2018
  5. AddRAM Win User
    What does the Network connection look like in Device Manager ?

Any yellow marks on it ?

AddRAM, Apr 14, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all post results with cable plugged in

Samuria, Apr 14, 2018
  7. JakubG Win User
    There are no yellow marks in Device Manager.

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable [​IMG]

JakubG, Apr 14, 2018
  8. Samuria Win User

In device manager delete the network connection reboot the open a admincmd prompt then type

netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh int ipv4 reset
    netsh int ipv6 reset

How do you connect as the ip shown is not in a normal range

Samuria, Apr 15, 2018
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Some other things you can/should check in addition to the options above:

Check to see if you can connect to your router (or modem-router) from the problem PC. (Type the router's iP into your browser address bar.)
    Check to see if you can see other PCs in your LAN (Local Network). See if you can ping them.

Restart the router. Turn off the PC, disconnect the Ethernet cable. Turn the router off for 15-20 seconds, turn back on. Wait for it to restart. Plug the PC back in. Restart PC.

10. Ben Myers Win User
    Start Device Manager again, right-click the NIC driver and select "Update driver". Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then " Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If a driver is found, install it. You may have to restart your computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Ben Myers, Apr 15, 2018
  11. How come your Default Gateway, DHCP Server, and DNS server all point to the same IP address?

DawsonvilleBill, Apr 15, 2018
  12. Berton Win User
    My defaults show:
    IPv4 Address as 192.168.1.115
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Usually just plugging in the power to a new Router then the Ethernet cable to the computer gets Internet access.

Berton, Apr 15, 2018
  13. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

He is using router's DNS servers. Maybe that is the problem.

Try to setup DNS server manually, for example: 1.1.1.1.
    Code: wmic nicconfig where DHCPEnabled=TRUE call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("1.1.1.1")[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 15, 2018
  14. Make sure you have connected to the right Ethernet network with compatible network driver. And then attempt to restart NVIDIA service in Task Manager.

rickchristine, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable - Similar Threads - Unable connect Internet

2. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  3. Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 is unable to access to internet via Ethernet cable: So I'm using a repeater TP-link RE450 AC1750 connected to wlan from other room, on the repeater there's a LAN port which allow me to use Ethernet cable from this repeater to my desktop PC. This works perfectly fine on window 10, Ubuntu, Kali, Opensuse, MacOS,... But somehow...
  4. My modem stopped giving internet connection ethernet via USB-cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My modem stopped giving internet connection ethernet via USB-cable: So I was trying to update my modems drivers but it failed for unknown reasons. After that I couldn't connect to wired connection, I have tried almost everything to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. My event viewer has these Kernel-PnP IDs: 442, 430 and one...
  5. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  6. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  7. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work: Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd...
  8. PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...: I've made a post here before but gave up due to unhelpful answers and people not even reading what I said properly, it became frustrating and I gave up. I recently (as of writing this, 10 minutes ago) purchased "Age of Empires 2: Defininive Edition" via steam. What I was not...
  9. Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable

Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable: Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my internet connection has been intermittent. When I boot up my desktop computer, I never know whether I am going to be connected or not. I have swapped out cables, changed modems, followed all of the recommended fault finding and even...
  10. My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to conenct ethernet cable