Windows 10: Unable to connect to update service since July!

Discus and support Unable to connect to update service since July! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I continue to receive: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ddillaby, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Ddillaby Win User

Unable to connect to update service since July!

I continue to receive: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." message when running Windows Update. I have worked with on-line agents going through numerous procedures, including running the Troubleshooter, installing the latest servicing stack update, starting and stopping various service, rebooting the machine, all to no avail.

:)

Ddillaby, Oct 1, 2019

2. Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

Still no luck.. tried the tweaking repair tool, tried what the other thread did.. still the same error.
    Also new things i found out, the default windows apps, News & Store are unable to connect to internet like the update service.. others are ok.

I am not rushing to anniversary upgrade, just want the windows to update.
    Last update was in July. After that, this error came. Tried everything for months, only now I ask in the forum because I dont know what else to do. (other than re-installing windows, which will waste my time)

emperor496, Oct 1, 2019
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to update service since July!

Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

EDIT: I also edited dcomcnfg properties to allow EXPLICIT access for the services involved with MY USERNAME, though it is part of a legit Admin group, I added it explicity... don't know if this had ANYTHING to do w/ it, but am adding it for reference here!

I got it, & the disk is formatting as I speak... listed as 100% @ this point now.

(Yes, it is rather "funny", but it helps me record steps & "think out" what the problem MIGHT be)...

* It was REALLY 'ticking me off', because I got SUCH a good deal (imo @ least) for this 250gb drive ($65 U.S. Dollars) I was rather upset I could not even format it because of this service NOT running as it should have... now, I know the way of it to get it working & so does everyone else (or, @ least this much of how to get it running again).

APK

P.S.=> Hopefully, this list will be useful to anyone else that hits a "snag" using diskmgmt.msc & finds it cannot connect... apk

Alec§taar, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to update service since July!

1. Unable to connect to update service since July! - Similar Threads - Unable connect update

2. unable to connect to update service.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to update service.: When updating ,getting retry reply. Try later. If still unable , check internet connection. I am receiving e mail and sending also. I am also using web service without difficulty .Many attempts for 2 days. No good....
  3. unable to connect to update service.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect to update service.: When updating ,getting retry reply. Try later. If still unable , check internet connection. I am receiving e mail and sending also. I am also using web service without difficulty .Many attempts for 2 days. No good....
  4. unable to connect to update service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to connect to Minecraft Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to Minecraft Services: Hello! So I've owned Minecraft for a couple years now. Just recently I was looking to get back into it and while I booted it up I was asked to migrate to a Microsoft account much like everyone else. I was specifically looking to play on a realm with a bunch of friends,...
  6. Unable to connect to Windows update service.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect to Windows update service.: I am in the process of updating two windows PCs simultaneously, on the same desk and using the same network connection. My Surface Pro is quite happily downloading and installing updates from the windows update service. But my desktop PC is having a problem in connecting to...
  7. unable to connect to whitepages since update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to whitepages since update: unable to connect to whitepages since update It shows this as error: 0 Unable To Identify Your Browser As you were browsing http://whitepages.com something prevented us from identifying your browser. There are a few reasons this might happen: You've disabled...
  8. Unable to Install Windows Updates Since 1/2/2020: We couldn't connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Install Windows Updates Since 1/2/2020: We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hi Guys: My issue initially started as this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/outlook-app-does-not-connect-in-the-office-works/6a48ddde-5bd7-4cc6-8e82-418971e7da3e But after finally trying a Network Reset all was working with my Outlook. However,...
  9. Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service: hello friend.. I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the...
  10. Power BI July Update for Service and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Power BI July Update for Service and Mobile: We have some really cool features to announce this month, including data driven alerts that let you receive notifications when the data you care about the most goes beyond the range you set. The Power BI service team is always listening to your feedback and improving our...