Windows 10: Unable to connect to update.

Discus and support Unable to connect to update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to update my Win10 computer, I get the following message: "We couldn't connect to the internet service." But that's the only internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David49, Jan 31, 2019.

1. David49 Win User

Unable to connect to update.

When I try to update my Win10 computer, I get the following message:
    "We couldn't connect to the internet service."
    But that's the only internet connection I can't make. Email, web browser, wireless printer, etc, all work really well, so I know there is no problem with my internet connectivity. My Windows OS, including Windows Defender, has not been updated since 1/28/2019. Any ideas?

:)

David49, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to connect to update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2019
  3. unable to connect Cameras

Hi Andy,

To assist you better with your concern, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting other USB devices on your computer? How was it?
    • Since you already downloaded the drivers from your device manufacturer's website, have you checked if the version of the driver that you've downloaded is compatible with your device?
    We suggest that you run the the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X > Control Panel > Select
      Small icons on the View by: drop-down menu.
    • Go to Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound >
      Hardware and Devices.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to update.

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community ad being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to connect to internet on your computer after installing the latest update. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update (KB number) installed on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue (While searching for Wi-Fi connection)?

I suggest you to switch the wireless connection to wired internet connection and check if you are able to access internet.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated network adapter drivers after installing the update.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Update your network driver and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on the device and click Update driver software.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest drivers for Network Adapter from another computer that is able to connect to internet. Uninstall the existing drivers from the computer in the question, install the drivers manually and check
    if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer the below article about: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to update.

1. Unable to connect to update. - Similar Threads - Unable connect update

2. Minecraft "unable to connect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft "unable to connect": Hello. I've created a world with my friends and there is this "unable to connect". It has been going on and off but now it is like that forever. Teredo is enabled...
  3. Unable to connect to update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to connect to update.: When I try to update my Win10 computer, I get the following message: "We couldn't connect to the internet service." But that's the only internet connection I can't make. Email, web browser, wireless printer, etc, all work really well, so I know there is no problem with my...
  4. unable to connect to email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to email: New computer. Was able to connect to email yesterday cannot today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-email/d956a733-10d1-4884-a4fc-095a060f23ff
  5. Your Phone App Update 1.0.20094.0 - Unable to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App Update 1.0.20094.0 - Unable to connect: Since installing the update to the Your Phone App on my Surface this morning, I have not been able to connect to my phone (an Xperia using Android 9). The App was working fine beforehand. I have tried resetting the App on the Surface and reinstalling the App on the phone, but...
  6. Unable to Connect to Wifi

Unable to Connect to Wifi: I have had this laptop for less than a year and have Windows 10. I have been connected to WiFi the whole time I have had the laptop. While in the middle of using it, the WiFi disconnected and I can no longer find it. Every time I try to re-connect it only offers broadband or...
  7. unable to connect to wifi

unable to connect to wifi: im using Manufacturer: Ralink Technology, Corp. Description: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Driver version: 5.0.57.0 Physical address: ‎9C-D2-1E-7E-56-2B ive updated the adapter recently since suddenly im unable to access the internet , after updating the adapter,...
  8. Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update, windows update cannot connect to update service: hello friend.. I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the...
  9. Unable to remove ethernet connection

Unable to remove ethernet connection: [img] 42135
  10. Laptop unable to connect to Internet after Windows update

Laptop unable to connect to Internet after Windows update: Hi, I am using an Asus u46-sv since 2011/12. It came with win 7 pro. Got the free win X upgrade and it is now on win X pro. After the latest updates the laptop refuses to connect to the internet. It does detect the WiFi or wired line and says the laptop is connected....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to windows update service

2. unable to comnnect window update win10

3. windows update unable to connect