Windows 10: Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

Discus and support Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a message Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service when I opened the Disk Management. I have Dell desktop with Windows 10 Pro installed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mandy phil, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

I got a message Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service when I opened the Disk Management. I have Dell desktop with Windows 10 Pro installed, (version 1803, build 17134.228). Any help is appreciated

:)

Mandy phil, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Berton Win User

Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

Whenever I have seen the "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service" I have always gotten it to work by rebooting the computer. I've had no trouble with the Upgrades and ensuing updates since getting the computer in Oct. 2016.

Berton, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C).

Kumar, the laptop is not connected to a domain network. I tried both methods suggested and the results are the same. Method 2 returned no errors. The harddrive is not SSD. Under Windows 7, I never experienced a problem with creating a System Image nor
    any errors with the Virtual Disk Service. After Windows 10 migration, I've not been able to create a System Image nor use Disk Management (the latter returns the message "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service). Suggestions kindly appreciated.

RickEvergreen, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C).

Attempted a System Image backup on newly migrated
    Windows 10 laptop. I received the following error: Virtual Disk service is unavailable (0x8078009C). I can start the service, however, I receive the same error message. Also, when I select Disk Management under the Computer Management
    window I receive the following: Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service. Suggestions kindly appreciated... thank you.

RickEvergreen, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

1. Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service - Similar Threads - Unable connect Virtual

2. Virtual disk unable to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual disk unable to connect: Hi we are facing an issue with multiple servers within our environment where when you open up disk management you get the message 'Unable to connect to Virtual Disk service' If you start the virtual disk service it turns itself off instantly with the same timestamp in Event...
  3. Virtual disk unable to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual disk unable to connect: Hi we are facing an issue with multiple servers within our environment where when you open up disk management you get the message 'Unable to connect to Virtual Disk service' If you start the virtual disk service it turns itself off instantly with the same timestamp in Event...
  4. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...: So I have a mess of problems, although I suspect they all stem from one thing. The issues I'm facing with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 are:Application installers hang foreverGoing to Disk Management hangs connecting to the Virtual Disk ServiceWhen I try to restart my computer, it just...
  5. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...: So I have a mess of problems, although I suspect they all stem from one thing. The issues I'm facing with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 are:Application installers hang foreverGoing to Disk Management hangs connecting to the Virtual Disk ServiceWhen I try to restart my computer, it just...
  6. Unable to install applications, Disk Management hangs connecting to Virtual Disk Service,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Connecting to virtual disk service " longs forever

"Connecting to virtual disk service " longs forever: In the disk management, it shows a blank window saying "connecting to virtual disk service " and stucks in it. When I go to services and then try to start virtual disk manually or automatically it says "starting" and never starts. Please help me. I'm trying to allocate my new...
  8. Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service in Disk Management: I am running a Dell XPS702 with Windows 10 and recently tried to format a USB. After this operation the Disk Management system is blank and gives Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service. I have tried manually activating it using services.msc but although it starts it...
  9. Disk Management "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service"

Disk Management "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service": I have checked it out in Services.msc Manual, take no action, take no action. I have run sfc/scannow with no issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-unable-to-connect-to-virtual-disk/4bb80116-c063-4e05-9216-3f56c4231f37
  10. Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service: Hello For some months I have had a problem on my Windows 10 Pro (1607) desktop where I cannot use "Create and format hard disk partitions" Start Menu item, diskpart on elevated and non-elevated command prompt nor Disk Management(Local) snap-in in mmc. Diskpart gives me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to virtual disk service

2. disk management unable to connect to virtual disk service

3. unable to connect to virtual disk service windows 10

4. windows 10 unable to connect to virtual disk service,
  5. unabke to connect to virtual,
  6. 0x8078009C,
  7. unable to connect virtual disk service windows 10,
  8. disk manager connecting to virtual disk service,
  9. windows 10 disk management connect to virtual disk service,
  10. windows 10 virtual disk service unavailable,
  11. unable to connect to virtual disk service computer management,