Windows 10: Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC

Discus and support Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/purezen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/purezen, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC

/u/purezen, Aug 19, 2020

2. W7 access of W10 share

On my home network W10 systems can access shares on other W10 systems, and W10 can access W7 shares. However, when W7 tries to access a W10 share, it wants a network password. I give it the user/pswd I use to log in on the W10 but that doesn't help.

I found one place:
    Cannot access Shared folder in Windows 10 via Windows 7 PC
    that suggested setting HKLM...Lsa\restrictanonymous to 1
    but that didn't seem to help.

TIA!

Paul Kinzelman, Aug 19, 2020
  3. W10 Mail App - Folders & Click All Option

Good morning,

Have been unable to find on my own and via Community solutions to the following concerning the W10 Mail App. It would be unfortunate if these were left out as options in the design and implementation of the W10 Mail App.

1) Folders

• Have been unable to find a path to add/delete or rename folders.
    • Have been unable to find a path to add commonly used folders (ex Deleted Items) to the left panel of the three panel visual field.
    2) Click All Box

• Have been unable to locate a function to click all as opposed to having to click each individual item you wish to tag.

Would be interested to learn where and how to complete the above.

If they are unavailable will Microsoft be updating through Windows Updates so that these standard and convenient options available with all mail apps will become functional in W10 Mail App.

Thank you - Paul

Joan Doe12, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC

sharing Public folder

I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the
    base computer can't be found on the new machine. How do I do this?

DavidWilson505, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC

1. Unable to connect to W10 shared folder on other W10 PC - Similar Threads - Unable connect W10

2. Unable to hibernate my W10 PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to hibernate my W10 PC: Since the update KB5016616 has been installed on my W10 PC I can no longer 'hibernate' it and it seems that the section in Control Panel where one could set this up has changed. Why is this? I don't like the Sleep option as I need to keep the mains power on....
  3. Unable to hibernate my W10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hibernate my W10 PC: Since the update KB5016616 has been installed on my W10 PC I can no longer 'hibernate' it and it seems that the section in Control Panel where one could set this up has changed. Why is this? I don't like the Sleep option as I need to keep the mains power on....
  4. Unable to hibernate my W10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  6. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC: I have a number of networked W10 PCs at home. I can access shared folders on each PC, but cannot access entire shared drives on each PC. Any ideas? I have done all the troubleshooting checks that are ever mentioned here and elsewhere, many times. I do not, and have never, run...
  7. W10 network cannot access shared drives on other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop: I have an upto date W10 desktop which can see and work with files on a W7 laptop. The W7 laptop can see the desktop under the Network but when I try to access it, I am asked for a username and password to connect to the desktop. However I do not have a password for the...
  9. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop: I have an upto date W10 desktop which can see and work with files on a W7 laptop. The W7 laptop can see the desktop under the Network but when I try to access it, I am asked for a username and password to connect to the desktop. However I do not have a password for the...
  10. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing