Windows 10: Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Unable to connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey so my internet seems to flicker between working and having a mini x on the icon which means theres no internet connection. Many sites and videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaysonC2002, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Hey so my internet seems to flicker between working and having a mini x on the icon which means theres no internet connection. Many sites and videos say to go under change adaptor options and enable Wi-Fi but that icon doesn't even appear on it. Is there a way to bring it back?

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi [​IMG]

:)

JaysonC2002, Jan 10, 2019

2. unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi on your phone. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• What is the error message you get while trying to connect to Wi-Fi network?

Suggest you to refer to these articles to check if that helps.

Internet Connections FAQ: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12497/lumia-internet-connections-faq

Connect to Wi-Fi: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17237/windows-10-mobile-wifi-connections

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 10, 2019
  3. BrianBuck Win User
    Unable to connect to Wi Fi

I have just re-set my spare Windows 10 desktop computer, but am now unable to connect to wi fi and note that the Wi-Fi option in "settings" has now disappeared.

Can any one suggest a way of resolving this problem please?

BrianBuck, Jan 10, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

1. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Unable connect

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...: I cannot access Bing CoPilot anymore as it replies: We're sorry but we're unable to connect to the service at this time. Please try again later or refresh. I tried and tried and nothing happened....
  5. Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...

Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...: I cannot access Bing CoPilot anymore as it replies: We're sorry but we're unable to connect to the service at this time. Please try again later or refresh. I tried and tried and nothing happened....
  6. My laptop no longer shows the internet icon so i am unable to connect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop no longer shows the internet icon so i am unable to connect.: My laptop no longer shows the internet icon so i am unable to connect. Kurei-Ahu* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-no-longer-shows-the-internet-icon-so-i/a47ee9e0-e394-4ea9-b583-2348cdba0d40
  7. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  8. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  9. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Poly V5200 connects fine to Bluetooth on new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I'm unable to connect...

Poly V5200 connects fine to Bluetooth on new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I'm unable to connect...: I have both the Poly V5200 and PLT V5200 Bluetooth headsets. Both connect fine to Bluetooth on a new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I was able to get the PLT connected as a sound input and output device, but I'm unable to connect the Poly V5200 for either input or output. Both...