Windows 10: Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Unable to connect to Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Following the recent Windows 10 Update it took much longer for my PC to establish an internet connection. This then became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mnt23, Mar 30, 2020.

1. mnt23 Win User

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Good afternoon,

Following the recent Windows 10 Update it took much longer for my PC to establish an internet connection. This then became intermittent and now it won't do it at all. It will say it's connected to the network, and that it has internet access although it takes longer to get this information than it used to but I can't connect to the internet.

When I ran the network diagnostic tool it initially came up with the following error:

Primary DNS server not responding I can't remember the exact wording and can't reproduce it now

Having tried some fixes it now comes up with:

Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

All other devices in the house are connected fine, and I am currently submitting this tethered off my phone which is connected to the Wi-Fi.

I have tried a number of fixes suggested online:

Restarting my PC

Restarting my router

Updating my network adaptor drivers they did need an update but it didn't solve the issue

Uninstalling my network adaptor and then having windows reinstall and update it.

Releasing and renewing my IP address

Flushing my DNS info not entirely sure what I was doing with the last 2, just following isntructions

None of this has got me anywhere, I can still connect to the network but not the internet.

I am running Windows 10. hardware details are:

Network Adaptor - IntelR Dual Band Wireless AC 3168

Processor - IntelR CoreTM i3-8100 @3.6 GHz

RAM - 8GB

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

mnt23, Mar 30, 2020

2. unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi on your phone. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• What is the error message you get while trying to connect to Wi-Fi network?

Suggest you to refer to these articles to check if that helps.

Internet Connections FAQ: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12497/lumia-internet-connections-faq

Connect to Wi-Fi: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17237/windows-10-mobile-wifi-connections

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Its not showing the available Wi-Fi network list so I am unable to connect.

himanshunotani, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi on your computer. I’ll help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message?
    • Could you please provide us more information on, “network adapter is not working properly”?
    • Are you aware of changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, see Fix Wi-Fi problems in Windows 10.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Unable connect

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...: I cannot access Bing CoPilot anymore as it replies: We're sorry but we're unable to connect to the service at this time. Please try again later or refresh. I tried and tried and nothing happened....
  5. Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...

Why I cannot access CoPilot or Bing as it show this:We're sorry but we're unable to connect...: I cannot access Bing CoPilot anymore as it replies: We're sorry but we're unable to connect to the service at this time. Please try again later or refresh. I tried and tried and nothing happened....
  6. My laptop no longer shows the internet icon so i am unable to connect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop no longer shows the internet icon so i am unable to connect.: My laptop no longer shows the internet icon so i am unable to connect. Kurei-Ahu* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-no-longer-shows-the-internet-icon-so-i/a47ee9e0-e394-4ea9-b583-2348cdba0d40
  7. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  8. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  9. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Poly V5200 connects fine to Bluetooth on new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I'm unable to connect...

Poly V5200 connects fine to Bluetooth on new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I'm unable to connect...: I have both the Poly V5200 and PLT V5200 Bluetooth headsets. Both connect fine to Bluetooth on a new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I was able to get the PLT connected as a sound input and output device, but I'm unable to connect the Poly V5200 for either input or output. Both...