Windows 10: Unable to connect to WiFi after update

Discus and support Unable to connect to WiFi after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 with a driver update- realtek semiconductor corp - bluetooth- 1/9/2018 - 1.5.1012.3 Definition updates-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sicklefin, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Sicklefin Win User

Unable to connect to WiFi after update

Hello. I recently updated my windows 10 with a driver update- realtek semiconductor corp - bluetooth- 1/9/2018 - 1.5.1012.3

Definition updates- security Kb2267502 and antivirus KB4052623

The wifi option changed to a globe at the bottom of the screen, so possibly there was a software update as well that im unable to find?? Thr computer can find all the wireless networks available but says its unable to connect

I am using a usb wifi, 600m wifi + bluetooth 4.2

Under wifi properties settings it says realtek 8821cu wireless lan 802.11ac usb inc

I do not have access to an ethernet or any other internet oyher than creating a hot spot for the computer to connect to.

I have disabled all the antivirus/defender software and it did not fix the problem. I have "forgotten the networks" without a fix. I have restarted without a fix.

Please help!!

:)

Sicklefin, Jul 6, 2020
  2. XNam360 Win User

Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I tried all the steps you suggested, but those steps did not fix it.

Then I tried the clean boot for, by disabling everything in startup and disabling all services in system configuration. Upon restarting, my wifi features actually worked. I could connect to wifi, like I was supposed to.

But then when I followed the steps listed to isolate the service that may be causing the problem, by systematically starting the services and restarting each time, to find out which one results in disabling my wifi connection, my wifi connection hasn't returned,
    even after disabling every service again. I have tried repeatedly to recreate the conditions that resulted in my wifi connection working that first time that I tried the clean boot, but I have been unable to do so. Now, even with all services disabled, it
    still can't connect to wifi. I don't know why it worked that one time, but hasn't worked since, even though I've tried disabling all services again, just like I did that first time.

XNam360, Jul 6, 2020
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

WiFi connection not visible after Windows 10 update

Hi Lia,

We apologize for the delayed response. If the WiFi networks are still missing after turning on Network Discovery, we recommend that you run the
    Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you make sure that the Radio Management and
    Windows Connection Manager services are running. These services enable management of network connectivity on your computer. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Services, and then select Services from the list of results.
    • Look for Radio Management and Windows Connection Manager
      in the list of services and check if the status is Running and startup type is
      Automatic.
    • You can double-click on the service name to start the service and set the startup type to
      Automatic.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to WiFi after update - Similar Threads - Unable connect WiFi

2. Unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WiFi: For 2 days now I cannot connect to WiFi and the problem is because my laptop cannot detect it's ip but u have tried multiple things and nothing works. This first started when I restarted the wifi by turning the switch of it on and off since the wifi would keep connecting and...
  3. Unable to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi: After an update in windows 11 recently I am unable to connect with WiFi and Ethernet . I have tried various methods but it is not working could someone help me in solving this issue....
  4. Unable to connect Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect Wifi: I was playing my game half way and my internet suddenly got disconnected. Normally it would just reconnect automatically but this time, my Wifi seems to have disappeared - cannot even toggle on and off. I went into settings and noticed Wifi also disappeared there..I have...
  5. I'm unable to connect to the 5GHz Wifi after Windows update

I'm unable to connect to the 5GHz Wifi after Windows update: Hello! Just after Windows update [July 13th 2021 — KB5004237 Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110 e 19043.1110], I was unable to connect to the 5GHz Wifi. I'm still able to connect to the 2GHz Wifi though. I've uninstalled the update but the problem persists. Can anyone help me...
  6. I'm unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi after Windows update

I'm unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi after Windows update: Hello! Just after Windows update [July 13th 2021 — KB5004237 Builds 19041.1110, 19042.1110 e 19043.1110], I'm unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi. I'm still able to connect to 2 GHz Wifi though. I've uninstalled the update but the problem persists. Can anyone help me please?...
  7. unable to connect to my wifi after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to connect to my wifi after update: hello Today i am updating my computer using my wifi update installed successfuly after installing the update i am unable to connect to my wifi router i am using jio router. i tried many times by changed settings to open and changing password but it was not worked and i am...
  8. Unable to connect to wifi after Windows 10 update

Unable to connect to wifi after Windows 10 update: Windows initiated an automated update on my Dell laptop overnight. Now I am unable to connect to my home wifi. I have restarted the computer, reset the router, tried connecting with an ethernet cable, and used the troubleshooting app. Troubleshooting app indicates "problem...
  9. Unable to connect to my wifi after update

Unable to connect to my wifi after update: I updated my iview Maximus II yesterday with the new windows update and now I can't connect to the internet. It tells me after I troubleshooted the problem: The Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems". It has my...
  10. Unable to Connect to Wifi

Unable to Connect to Wifi: I have had this laptop for less than a year and have Windows 10. I have been connected to WiFi the whole time I have had the laptop. While in the middle of using it, the WiFi disconnected and I can no longer find it. Every time I try to re-connect it only offers broadband or...