Windows 10: Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

Discus and support Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BritishIdiots, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

Pretty self-explanatory:

The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has been established with the router from which the Wifi extender is boosting the signal - this is completely impossible.

I have another issue where the computer is refusing to connect to the 5Ghz network, I am unsure whether it is because I do not have the correct drivers installed or not but any help with that would also be appreciated. I have tried multiple Youtube tutorials but none of them are working.

submitted by /u/BritishIdiots
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BritishIdiots, Dec 21, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Need help with extending wifi connection through Ethernet cable

Take up a collection from all the roommates and just purchase a WiFi extender.
    WiFi Extenders: Eliminate WiFi Dead Spots- Linksys

The black units that look like little routers have wired ethernet ports as well for connecting devices that don't have WiFi.

NavyLCDR, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

infinityxo1, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

1. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Unable connect wifi

2. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  3. Im unable to connect to wifi wirelessly, only via a rather bad ethernet cable. No wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im unable to connect to wifi wirelessly, only via a rather bad ethernet cable. No wifi...: Ive updated drivers automatically with windows, with driver easy, manually myself on the dell site even. Ive done pretty much everything i can think of, but i do have a few leads. The adapter i have is the Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11.I do have internet via the ethernet, but i...
  4. Im unable to connect to wifi wirelessly, only via a rather bad ethernet cable. No wifi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im unable to connect to wifi wirelessly, only via a rather bad ethernet cable. No wifi...: Ive updated drivers automatically with windows, with driver easy, manually myself on the dell site even. Ive done pretty much everything i can think of, but i do have a few leads. The adapter i have is the Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11.I do have internet via the ethernet, but i...
  5. Im unable to connect to wifi wirelessly, only via a rather bad ethernet cable. No wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable: Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this happens, the wifi options will disappear. This has been getting worst recently, and now my wifi does not work at all. The intel...
  7. Need help with extending wifi connection through Ethernet cable

Need help with extending wifi connection through Ethernet cable: Hello everyone. I live in a large home and our wifi can not reach the entire house. Main router is on one side of the home, I'm in the middle and there are a few more data hungry devices on the other end of the house. The setup... So my desktop connects to the router via...
  8. Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable

Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable: Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my internet connection has been intermittent. When I boot up my desktop computer, I never know whether I am going to be connected or not. I have swapped out cables, changed modems, followed all of the recommended fault finding and even...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...