Windows 10: Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an issue I have been having for months on end. I have no clue what started it, or how to fix it. I've ran down every single option on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EclipseWMD, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10

This is an issue I have been having for months on end. I have no clue what started it, or how to fix it. I've ran down every single option on the troubleshooter webpage, including the network reset, after checking in every nook and cranny of my files to see if anything was amiss. I did not know about the wlan report when this issue first occurred as I have only a mild understanding of the advanced functions of a computer. I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10 OS, and the only way I can connect to the internet is by ethernet cable. If someone can please give me another option I can try I would very much appreciate it.

:)

EclipseWMD, Feb 6, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10

Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

Hi,

I purchased a new computer running Windows 10 (build 10240) today and have set up the windows. However, it will not allow me to connect to my wifi. When I use the network option in the task bar, no wifi networks are shown and it says that there are no connections available. When I access the network settings, where the different sections are listed on the left-hand side, wifi is not an available option.

I have been trying for a good few hours and have tried many different solutions to fix this. These include:
    • Updating drivers
    • Deleting drivers and then allowing the computer to reinstall
    • A few different command prompt methods such as resetting the TCP stack, as well as trying some that were for people who upgraded from windows 7/8

I have no idea how to fix this or any clue as to why its happening in the first place. Please help!

Thanks,

P.S. Here are my computer specs if this helps: Zoostorm Gaming Media Desktop PC

Nozzergirl, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10

1. Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect wifi

2. Unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WiFi: For 2 days now I cannot connect to WiFi and the problem is because my laptop cannot detect it's ip but u have tried multiple things and nothing works. This first started when I restarted the wifi by turning the switch of it on and off since the wifi would keep connecting and...
  3. Unable to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi: After an update in windows 11 recently I am unable to connect with WiFi and Ethernet . I have tried various methods but it is not working could someone help me in solving this issue....
  4. Windows 10 unable to connect to particular wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to connect to particular wifi: Hi, I have trouble connecting to my home wifi network with my desktop Dell OptiPlex 7070. It has worked before but one day it got disconnected and no longer wants to connect it again, it will display "Unable to connect to this network" after I typed in the password.All other...
  5. Unable to connect Wifi

Unable to connect Wifi: I was playing my game half way and my internet suddenly got disconnected. Normally it would just reconnect automatically but this time, my Wifi seems to have disappeared - cannot even toggle on and off. I went into settings and noticed Wifi also disappeared there..I have...
  6. Unable to connect to wifi

Unable to connect to wifi: Hi everyone, I have this problem with my WIFI connection every while and I don't really know how to solve it. As you can see in the picture there's no way for turning it on, the only thing that works is restarting my computer. I'm I the only one here having this issue?...
  7. Unable to connect to wifi

Unable to connect to wifi: Hi , I am using windows10 in my dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop. The problem with the system is , Its not able to connect to wifi network wifi networks are not even listed in the networks and internet panel but its able to detect mobile hotspot and able to connect to...
  8. Unable to Connect to Wifi

Unable to Connect to Wifi: I have had this laptop for less than a year and have Windows 10. I have been connected to WiFi the whole time I have had the laptop. While in the middle of using it, the WiFi disconnected and I can no longer find it. Every time I try to re-connect it only offers broadband or...
  9. Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10: Hi guys, I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved. I also searched on this forum, but still nothing useful found. If I missed the right topic, I'm sorry, I'll provide to erase this asap. My problem is that I'm not able to access...
  10. Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi: Hi, I purchased a new computer running Windows 10 (build 10240) today and have set up the windows. However, it will not allow me to connect to my wifi. When I use the network option in the task bar, no wifi networks are shown and it says that there are no connections...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to wifi windows 10

2. unable to connect on wifi with windows 10

3. cant connect to public wifiwindows

4. windows 10 unable to connect wifi,
  5. how to connect to public wifi,
  6. unable to connect wifi on windows 10,
  7. wifi unable to connect on windows 10