Windows 10: Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

Discus and support Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the latest Window's 10 up-date, I have been un-able to connect to the wifi at either my work or home router unless I am 20 cm from the gizmo. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by glyndavies2, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

Since the latest Window's 10 up-date, I have been un-able to connect to the wifi at either my work or home router unless I am 20 cm from the gizmo. I have tried the resets and the advice provided by the virtual assistant to no avail, please help.

***Changed Original Title from WiFi issues***

:)

glyndavies2, Oct 14, 2018

2. Steam unable to connect in Windows 10

Just got the WIndows 10 upgrade and got all my drivers updated, etc. But now Steam won't start and fails at connecting. Anyone else have this issue?

MxPhenom 216, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community ad being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to connect to internet on your computer after installing the latest update. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update (KB number) installed on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue (While searching for Wi-Fi connection)?

I suggest you to switch the wireless connection to wired internet connection and check if you are able to access internet.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated network adapter drivers after installing the update.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Update your network driver and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on the device and click Update driver software.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest drivers for Network Adapter from another computer that is able to connect to internet. Uninstall the existing drivers from the computer in the question, install the drivers manually and check
    if it helps.

Follow:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer the below article about: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update. [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update.

1. Unable to connect to WiFi since the latest Windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Unable connect WiFi

2. Latest Window 10 update failed to use Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Window 10 update failed to use Wifi connection: I updated the window from there onwards i did not get network options "WIFI" . it is supporting to only LAN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-window-10-update-failed-to-use-wifi/7a2f7622-ff83-4020-b207-0321cde92869
  3. Unable to connect to wifi after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to wifi after Windows 10 update: Windows initiated an automated update on my Dell laptop overnight. Now I am unable to connect to my home wifi. I have restarted the computer, reset the router, tried connecting with an ethernet cable, and used the troubleshooting app. Troubleshooting app indicates "problem...
  4. unable to connect to whitepages since update

unable to connect to whitepages since update: unable to connect to whitepages since update It shows this as error: 0 Unable To Identify Your Browser As you were browsing http://whitepages.com something prevented us from identifying your browser. There are a few reasons this might happen: You've disabled...
  5. wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.

wifi connection after latest windows 10 update.: after a windows up date my HP Envy laptop wont stay connected to my wifi network. nothing has changed, router is still in the same location, i havent re set anything with the laptop. my phone, surface pro4 tablet, firestick all use the same network and never lose connection,...
  6. Can’t use WiFi since latest Windows update

Can’t use WiFi since latest Windows update: I’m unable to use wifi on my Toshiba laptop since I ran the latest Windows update. I’ve been through all the troubleshooting steps (twice!) with no luck. Wifi is good on all other devices and internet works fine when I connect with a cable. I’ve no idea what to do next -...
  7. Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10

Unable to connect to wifi on Windows 10: This is an issue I have been having for months on end. I have no clue what started it, or how to fix it. I've ran down every single option on the troubleshooter webpage, including the network reset, after checking in every nook and cranny of my files to see if anything was...
  8. Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update

Can't connect to a wifi network since latest win10 update: Last time I visited my uni library I was unable to connect to the wifi network, even tho it worked perfectly fine the previous time. The only thing I can think of that has changed in the interim is this new Win10 update. Can anyone think of any reason why Win10 might have...
  9. Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi: Hi, I purchased a new computer running Windows 10 (build 10240) today and have set up the windows. However, it will not allow me to connect to my wifi. When I use the network option in the task bar, no wifi networks are shown and it says that there are no connections...
  10. Wifi wont connect since latest update

Wifi wont connect since latest update: Hi all, Hoping someone can hep here. I have an Asus 550C 64bit i5 and have been using fine for about a year. Originally W7 upgraded to 8.1 then a few months ago upgraded to W10 with no problems at all and have been ok with updates since until the most recent! Have been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to wifi in windows 10

2. unable to connect to wifi windows 10

3. windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

4. unable to connect to wifi in windows 10 after update,
  5. unable to connect on wifi with windows 10,
  6. unable to connect since 1903 update,
  7. unable to connect wifi windows 10,
  8. Unable to connect Wi-Fi in windows 10,
  9. unable to connect to wifi after recent update in one plus6,
  10. unable to update windows 10 via wifi ,
  11. connecting to network win 10 since update