Windows 10: Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

Discus and support Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anairda.a, Aug 12, 2021.

1. anairda.a Win User

Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this happens, the wifi options will disappear. This has been getting worst recently, and now my wifi does not work at all. The intel network adapter is showing code 10 unable to start and it says the device does not exist. How do i fix this?

:)

anairda.a, Aug 12, 2021

2. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

infinityxo1, Aug 12, 2021
  3. LVMan777 Win User
    Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Had the same problem with Asus P5K3 deluxe wifi motherboard upgrading to Windows 10...
    Plugged in an Ethernet cable...ok...but no built in wifi
    Next time I "RESTARTED"....voila ....wifi app shows up...and I connected to my router and removed the Ethernet cable...*Cool

LVMan777, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

1. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Unable connect wifi

2. Unable to connect to Ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and wifi: As I am writing this it has been 2 weeks and I have had this wifi connection issue. My pc which I run windows10 on was working perfectly fine until one day it could not connect to the Ethernet/wifi. I am honestly almost at my wits end, I’ve tried to troubleshoot the issue...
  3. Unable to connect to Ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and wifi: As I am writing this it has been 2 weeks and I have had this wifi connection issue. My pc which I run windows10 on was working perfectly fine until one day it could not connect to the Ethernet/wifi. I am honestly almost at my wits end, I’ve tried to troubleshoot the issue...
  4. Unable to connect to Ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.: I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were...
  6. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.: I am connected to my network by ethernet but I'm not able to access the internet through this connection, instead it says no internet. I am able to connect to the same network and use internet just fine over wifi. I have tried updating the network adapter drivers they were...
  7. Ethernet Cable connected, identifies network, but no internet. Wifi connects without a problem.

8. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...