Windows 10: Unable to connect to Xbox live or any Windows Service

Discus and support Unable to connect to Xbox live or any Windows Service in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I open games on windows like Halo: MCC and open multiplayer it tells me I'm unable to connect to xbox live. No connections are blocked on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BoomerRare, May 27, 2020.

1. Unable to connect to Xbox live or any Windows Service

Whenever I open games on windows like Halo: MCC and open multiplayer it tells me I'm unable to connect to xbox live. No connections are blocked on my network, and when i go Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking and check connection status, it says my internet connection is "Not Connected" but Xbox Live Services are "Up and Running".

Same issue with other windows related products like Office, Word, Visual Studio and Teams.

They can't connect to check for the license, or can't connect to Microsoft's servers. I also can't connect to update windows from settings, and other weird things like the internet connection icon in the system tray is missing, and windows firewall says it is disabled sometimes.

This is a recent occurrence in the last month or so and my guess is some windows update could have done this.

Should I just do a fresh install of windows at this point? I can attach some screenshots in a reply if anyone thinks they might help.

:)

BoomerRare, May 27, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

"Server connectivity = blocked" on Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi MoonBunny17,

If your server connectivity is "Blocked", it means that your computer was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. Since you've tried the troubleshooting steps from our support page, let's try to restart the "IP
    Helper" and "Xbox Networking Service" by performing the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
    2. Type "services" and hit enter to open the Services Window
    3. Scroll down until you find an entry called “IP Helper”. Right-click on it, and then click Restart.
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and do the same thing for “Xbox Live Networking Service”.
    5. Close the window, open the Xbox app and check your connection again.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you try connecting your computer to another network to see if that will change the server connectivity on the Xbox app.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, May 27, 2020
  3. Unable to connect to xbox live

I have installed xbox live games into my pc but i am unable to connect that game with xbox live.whenever i try to do so it shows that unable to connect to xbox live at this time.

ShivangSagwaliya, May 27, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Unable to connect to Xbox live or any Windows Service

Instant Messaging with Windows Live Messenger Comes to Xbox 360

Microsoft Corp. today announced the launch of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360, connecting friends across Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft Windows-based PCs and Windows Mobile-powered devices. With this update to Xbox 360, friends and families can easily connect and chat directly from their television using Windows Live Messenger, a network of more than 20 billion relationships and more than 260 million active accounts.

Beginning the week of May 7, 2007, the Xbox 360 Spring Update will provide Xbox 360 owners worldwide with access to Windows Live Messenger features, broadening the communication options on the Xbox LIVE social network. Members of the 6 million-strong Xbox LIVE community currently send more than 2 million text and voice messages a day and can now use Windows Live Messenger to text chat with up to six people on their contact list at one time, while playing games, listening to music or watching movies. Text chat adds to the variety of options friends and families already have to communicate with on Xbox LIVE, including voice and video chat.

Current relationships on Windows Live Messenger and Xbox LIVE will be unified on Xbox 360 and users will see at a glance if their existing friends on Windows Live Messenger have gamertags, instantly expanding the breadth of connected experiences they can share online.

“Bringing the largest IM community in the world, Windows Live Messenger, to Xbox 360 makes sense, as Xbox LIVE has really become the largest social network on television,” said Jerry Johnson, product unit manager of Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. “For our growing community of 6 million on Xbox LIVE, using Xbox 360 is a very social, connected experience. They are using Xbox 360 to play games, music and movies while simultaneously communicating with one another through video, voice and text chat. With this announcement we are simultaneously expanding the access of Xbox LIVE users to existing friends and family while introducing Windows Live Messenger users to the benefits of Xbox 360.”

Beginning the week of May 7, users of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360 will text chat using the virtual keyboard accessible on Xbox 360, or by connecting a USB keyboard to the console. This summer Microsoft will launch a QWERTY text-input device, a new accessory that will connect directly into the Xbox 360 controller to support text and instant messaging.

Beyond Windows Live Messenger, the Spring Update for Xbox 360 includes hundreds of new features and enhancements including the following:
    • A richer Achievement notification pop-up will showcase the name of the unlocked Achievement and the gamerscore value without needing to leave the game to check the Achievements list.
    • Enhanced family settings features for Xbox LIVE communications enable different defaults for video chat and voice chat.
    • A new Xbox LIVE Marketplace blade lets Xbox LIVE members access the content they seek — whether it is game content or TV shows and movies (available in the United States) — from one place on Xbox LIVE.
    • Updates to Xbox LIVE Arcade allow owners to quickly see which Xbox LIVE Arcade games their friends are playing and join in the fun. Xbox LIVE members can also compare progress of leaderboard scores and Achievements directly with all friends on their friends list. Expanded Tell a Friend capabilities make it easier than ever to boast about Achievements and high scores.
    • A new option in Auto Downloads provides faster access to the entire collection of free, trial-version Xbox LIVE Arcade games.
    • New progressive download controls provide easy access to optimal viewing options by letting people fast-forward, rewind, pause and resume as their video is downloaded from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
    • Extension of the background download functionality will allow owners to set their Xbox 360 console to turn off automatically after downloads are complete.
    The Spring Update is free beginning the week of May 7 and is easily accessible to every Xbox 360 owner through Xbox LIVE or on Xbox.com.

Source: Microsoft

malware, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect to Xbox live or any Windows Service

1. Unable to connect to Xbox live or any Windows Service - Similar Threads - Unable connect Xbox

2. Connect to Xbox 360 live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to Xbox 360 live: How do I connect Xbox 360 to windows media centers using my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-xbox-360-live/00b2e00d-c5b3-49af-9685-29adcd6227da
  3. Connect to Xbox 360 live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to Xbox 360 live: How do I connect Xbox 360 to windows media centers using my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-xbox-360-live/00b2e00d-c5b3-49af-9685-29adcd6227da
  4. Connect to Xbox 360 live

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. unable to connect to xbox live on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to xbox live on my PC: i was trying to play minecraft with a couple buddies of mine and it keeps telling me im not on the internet. i also have the same problem with halo mcc as well, it wouldnt let me play online at all. but if i try anything else like browse on youtube or play a game on steam it...
  6. Unable to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into xbox live: I want to play Minecraft, but every time I start it up, it cant sign in. I have a VPN, but I disable it before starting Minecraft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-live/b2b955d3-7eae-428f-941c-1aa6d49e48f6
  7. Minecraft Windows 10: Xbox Live connected and not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10: Xbox Live connected and not connected.: Dear anyone reading this, As of recent, I've had the issue of not being able to do certain Xbox Live related activities on Minecraft Win10. They are as follows: Unable to join servers. [ATTACH] Realms. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Extra info: I am currently not signed in...
  8. Unable to connect to Xbox Live servers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live servers: This don't allow me to play any Xbox game on Windows 10. I have the last version of Windows. In the settings, I see those messages: Teredo is unable to qualify and Server connectivity blocked. I also tried all the steps that Microsoft recommend and tried the Fix it button...
  9. Xbox live missing services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox live missing services: Hey, I’m missing 2 of the Xbox live services I’ve tried to do that .reg download thing but it just says that it’s not allowed because you don’t have that high permission when my account is administrator and I don’t wanna reset my computer so yea pls help it worked before...
  10. Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: I purchased Minecraft W10 Edition recently and it seems I have to sign into Xbox Live in order to play any sort of online, so obviously I do, but when I click it takes a ridiculous amount of time for it to load, but when it “finishes” it shows the Xbox logo and “please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect to xbox live

2. unable to connect to halo servers xbox