Windows 10: Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives

Discus and support Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got new desktop with Win 10/home (profile specs are up-to-date). I have used two Seagate external drives for several years. I had a store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by way2ob2se, Sep 28, 2020.

1. way2ob2se Win User

Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives

I just got new desktop with Win 10/home (profile specs are up-to-date). I have used two Seagate external drives for several years. I had a store technician copy data from old computer to new computer. Now I was trying to move some of my data to my Seagate Go-Flex external drive for storage, and it shows Status: Driver Error. I can, however, use it just fine on my laptop. Everything seems to be plugged in firmly. I put them in USB 3 slots but understood that would work fine. Used to be 2s.

I did have an HP BIOS update thrust upon me this morning. I don't know anything about them...because with BIOS and Registries there be dragons.

WINVER = 1909 (Build 18363.1082)

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

way2ob2se, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Unable to connect external drive.

Hi there,

I'm unable to connect my Seagate external hard drive after I upgraded my system to Windows 10. It didn't have any issues with connecting on previous OS. So to check if the problem is with the hard disk, I tried connecting a pen drive to my system and yes
    it did. There are no problems in the hard drive as I also checked on my laptop.

I went through all other threads related to the same issue and found out that many people are facing the issue.

I followed those steps which were suggested but still the problem persists. Kindly help me with this.

Regards,

Prachi Lokam

PrachiLokam, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives

External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives

1. Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives - Similar Threads - Unable connect Seagate

2. hOW TO CONNECT A SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW TO CONNECT A SEAGATE DRIVE: I have a Seagate external hard drive I'm looking to back up my computer with it how do I hook it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-a-seagate-drive/43c9c178-24db-43f2-b3c2-9bd3affc9437
  3. hOW TO CONNECT A SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW TO CONNECT A SEAGATE DRIVE: I have a Seagate external hard drive I'm looking to back up my computer with it how do I hook it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-a-seagate-drive/43c9c178-24db-43f2-b3c2-9bd3affc9437
  4. Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect w/Seagate external drives: I just got new desktop with Win 10/home (profile specs are up-to-date). I have used two Seagate external drives for several years. I had a store technician copy data from old computer to new computer. Now I was trying to move some of my data to my Seagate Go-Flex external...
  5. Windows 10 and Seagate External Hard Drive not connecting.

Windows 10 and Seagate External Hard Drive not connecting.: About two weeks ago my Windows 10 on PC stopped recognizing Seagrave external hard drive in usual USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-seagate-external-hard-drive-not/388034a2-eb70-491d-86d1-4155a9160a33
  6. Unable to connect External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect External drive: I have an external drive (1 Tb) which will not show up when connected. In Disk Management it shows up but displays nothing in the file system (Should show NTFS I believe). Its status is Healthy(Primary Partition). Capacity is 931.51 GB. Free Space is 931.51 Gb. %Free shows as...
  7. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  8. Seagate External Hard drive Decryption

Seagate External Hard drive Decryption: My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using the same key which was...
  9. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  10. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....