Windows 10: Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

Discus and support Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nicole feekes, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and reconnecting child to my account. No matter what, the device will not connect.. : Has anyone else had this issue? I just want to be able to set limits.

:)

nicole feekes, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 28, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety Setup Not Adding A New Device to Child Account

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if child account is not setup correctly.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "It brings me to the family safety website alright, but it will not add the computer to the child account", are you referring of adding the device as trusted for the child account in the family safety?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about Family safety and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 28, 2022
  4. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

1. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account - Similar Threads - Unable connect device

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Unable to remove child account from Family

Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  5. Unable to remove child account from Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove child account from Family: I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's age: 11 account from family. It gives below error after step 3.You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an...
  6. Unable to remove child account from Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  8. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  9. Device not listed for child account in family

Device not listed for child account in family: I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a standard user.However after child sign-in, the Microsoft family pape still showsConnected Devices:0for the child. That's why I...
  10. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...