Windows 10: unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2

Discus and support unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last update I have been unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2, anyone else notice any issues ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Captain959, Nov 28, 2020.

1. unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2

Since the last update I have been unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2, anyone else notice any issues ?

:)

Captain959, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2

1. unable to connect with remote desktop after last windows update 20H2 - Similar Threads - unable connect remote

2. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect via Remote Desktop: Hi,I am unable to connect via Remote Desktop using 2 Win-10-Pro computers.The error message I get is that another session has already started. Both computers are on my home network and I can see the shared drives and access them.Its just the Remote desktop can not connect...
  3. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect via Remote Desktop: Hi,I am unable to connect via Remote Desktop using 2 Win-10-Pro computers.The error message I get is that another session has already started. Both computers are on my home network and I can see the shared drives and access them.Its just the Remote desktop can not connect...
  4. Unable to connect via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect remote desktop: Unable to connect remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-remote-desktop/4ec89276-b78e-4f88-9193-51c33f2d1a4e
  6. Unable to connect remote desktop

Unable to connect remote desktop: Unable to connect remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-remote-desktop/4ec89276-b78e-4f88-9193-51c33f2d1a4e
  7. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  8. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  9. Unable to connect to Remote Computer using Remote Desktop after updating Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect to Remote Computer using Remote Desktop after updating Windows Server 2016: After download of monthly update to server 2016 and restarting ,remote desktop cannot connect to rempte computer. Need help urgently ***Original title: After download of monthly update and restarting,remote desktop cannot connect to rempte computer***...
  10. Unable to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to Remote Desktop in Windows 10: Tried to log in using the Remote Desktop and it says it is configuring the remote session and then just disappears. . I've never seen this behavior before and I was stumped . however I was able to login with the same credentials on a different machine. Could this be due to...