Windows 10: unable to connect with secure sites

Discus and support unable to connect with secure sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Even on account I have used for a long time I get the message "Hmmm cannot connect, server not found. what's my solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EverettWhatley, Oct 5, 2020.

1. unable to connect with secure sites

Even on account I have used for a long time I get the message "Hmmm cannot connect, server not found. what's my solution?

:)

EverettWhatley, Oct 5, 2020

2. Unable to connect to trusted site

I attempted to go to a
    website
    and was given a message that my computer could not connect to the site. I tried all four computers on my home network and was not able to connect.

I was able to connect to the site at work, only after receiving a message that the site had a bad security certificate. I contacted the site and they are aware of the problem and working to fix it.

I trust the site so I made it a trusted site in the security section of the internet options on the tools menu. I also unchecked the require server verification box.

I checked the time on my computer and it is correct.

I am still unable to access the site.

All pc with windows 10

Any suggestions?

HollyHall1, Oct 5, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 5, 2020
  4. dp2826 Win User

unable to connect with secure sites

Lumia 822 Log into secure sites.

Unable to log into secure sites, any suggestions on what to do on my Lumia822 phone.Unable to open browser to secure sites any suggestions would be appreciated.

dp2826, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

unable to connect with secure sites

1. unable to connect with secure sites - Similar Threads - unable connect secure

2. This site can’t provide a secure connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This site can’t provide a secure connection: Youtube is the only site I cannot access on any pc/laptop in the house and gives the message:This site can’t provide a secure connectionwww.youtube.com uses an unsupported protocol.ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCI have checked time/date, emptied SSL cache, deleted...
  3. This site can’t provide a secure connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This site can’t provide a secure connection: Youtube is the only site I cannot access on any pc/laptop in the house and gives the message:This site can’t provide a secure connectionwww.youtube.com uses an unsupported protocol.ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCI have checked time/date, emptied SSL cache, deleted...
  4. This site can’t provide a secure connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "This site can't provide a secure connection".

"This site can't provide a secure connection".: This issue occurs on all of my web browsers like google ,avast and avg secure browsers which is I cannot search anything but when I start my pc and I started google aswell, everything is running fine at first but when im in the middle of my online class or gmeet I get...
  6. Site is not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site is not secure: I know this is a broad question with many solutions to which I have tried a lot. I am attempting to access army websites which require certain security certificates. I have gone about this with the help of forums I have used before and had no problems in the past with. I...
  7. This site can’t provide a secure connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This site can’t provide a secure connection: Simply cannot open any one drive files or even open my one drive url. This message appears. This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Unsupported protocol The client and server don't...
  8. Unable to login on SOME secure sites

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to login on SOME secure sites: I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password. They fail to log me in with my credentials using Chrome, but when I try the same with e.g. Edge I have no problem. Same when...
  9. Unable to login on SOME secure sites

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to login on SOME secure sites: I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password. They fail to log me in with my credentials using Chrome, but when I try the same with e.g. Edge I have no problem. Same when...
  10. secure site

secure site: Hello everyone keep getting this message on some sites, can anyone help [img] 94417