Windows 10: Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC

Discus and support Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my controller for xbox one wont connect to my pc when i plug it in. ***Modified title from: contoller***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PilotColin_, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC

my controller for xbox one wont connect to my pc when i plug it in.

***Modified title from: contoller***

:)

PilotColin_, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC

Unable to Connect XBOX controller on Windows PC

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in connecting your XBOX controller on Windows PC.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?
    3. Which security software is installed on your device?

Please refer the section Bluetooth from the article
    How to connect an XBOX One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    on how to pair your controller to your PC using Bluetooth.

As you have already tried updating and reinstalling the drivers it is required to update your XBOX one controller to fix the issue.

Refer the article on How to update your XBOX One Controller on Windows
    and also Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects
    or can’t connect
    to fix the issue.

You may also refer the article Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC

1. Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC - Similar Threads - Unable connect Xbox

2. xbox controller not connecting to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox controller not connecting to pc: my xbox controller is not connecting with the USB and i tried to update driver and uninstall and restart i did all the methods bu it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-not-connecting-to-pc/9591afee-54a9-46ba-b61f-6792c51e0762
  3. xbox controller not connecting to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox controller not connecting to pc: my xbox controller is not connecting with the USB and i tried to update driver and uninstall and restart i did all the methods bu it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-not-connecting-to-pc/9591afee-54a9-46ba-b61f-6792c51e0762
  4. xbox controller not connecting to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC: When I plug in my Xbox controller to my laptop the screen goes black and it does not connect to the laptop. I have tried the common methods that are given below, but they do not fix the issue.How to connect an Xbox One Controller to a Windows...
  6. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC: When I plug in my Xbox controller to my laptop the screen goes black and it does not connect to the laptop. I have tried the common methods that are given below, but they do not fix the issue.How to connect an Xbox One Controller to a Windows...
  7. connect xbox control to pc

connect xbox control to pc: My son asked me, if I could connect the control of his xbox to the pc to play, I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-xbox-control-to-pc/c2661ae1-7976-4fb2-a14e-a669d9a67bdd
  8. Connecting Xbox controller to PC

Connecting Xbox controller to PC: I have an Xbox controller that I was using for awhile to play on my PC, connecting it via bluetooth. I had to replace the batteries once, and all of the sudden it won't connect. The device will come up in the "add bluetooth device" section, but it won't connect once I click...
  9. Unable to Connect XBOX controller on Windows PC

Unable to Connect XBOX controller on Windows PC: When I was turning on my PC, I decided to play a game. So I wanted to use my fully working Xbox Gaming Controller. When I tried to connect my controller VIA Bluetooth, out of nowhere, it disconnects and never wants to reconnect again. I did all the troubleshooting steps...
  10. Xbox Controller not connecting to pc

Xbox Controller not connecting to pc: The controller is fully updated and works fine on the xbox. However, when i try to connect it to my pc via a data sync cable it doesn't appear as an option under the "Add Devices" option. Can anyone help?...