Windows 10: Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer

Discus and support Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I find it really challenging to connect my Xbox One controller to the computer using Bluetooth. But I didn’t have any difficulties when it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joseph Kapkar, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer

I find it really challenging to connect my Xbox One controller to the computer using Bluetooth. But I didn’t have any difficulties when it was connecting using the USB. I purchased a csr 4.0 usb bluetooth adapter, installed the driver. However I cannot find an option to turn Bluetooth on/off. When I tried to find devices under the “xbox one controller etc” tab, there were nothing comes up. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and restart the PC, then I was able to connect my controller. The Xbox light stopped flashing on the controller but the controller isn’t working.

:)

Joseph Kapkar, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer

1. Unable to connect Xbox One controller to computer - Similar Threads - Unable connect Xbox

2. Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect Xbox controller to PC: my controller for xbox one wont connect to my pc when i plug it in. ***Modified title from: contoller*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-xbox-controller-to-pc/07d0ae02-4dcf-4ac7-b59e-6a9b9a750205
  3. Xbox One Controller connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller connectivity issues: Hi everyone, I am currently trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc via bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work. The controller I use is this halo master chief edition. As far as I could read in different forums, what matters is that it is the newer version xbox one...
  4. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting

Xbox One Controller Not Connecting: Hi all, My Xbox One controller will not properly connect to my PC, and I intend to use it for gaming. This controller is completely functional with my Xbox, and has no other issues. 6-8 months ago, the controller connected and functioned without issue. I disconnected it...
  5. Can't connect Xbox One controller through Bluetooth to computer

Can't connect Xbox One controller through Bluetooth to computer: Hey! I've been trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my computer for the longest time but the Bluetooth just won't work. I know that I have to press the button at the front of the controller and open the 'Add a Bluetooth device' thing on the computer. It doesn't work....
  6. Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC: So I used to be able to play on my PC with my Xbox controller (I don't have an xbox but bought a controller to play games on my PC) One day the controller started flashing at me and it wouldn't let me use it. I looked up and the only "solution" recommended was to install...
  7. Xbox One Controller won't connect

Xbox One Controller won't connect: When trying to connect my xbox one controller, it buzzes, but never turns on. I have tried multiple controllers and multiple cords to connect. Although plugged in, it says that it is not Code 45. I get this when I connect it... Device...
  8. How to connect Xbox One controller?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to connect Xbox One controller?: ive tried looking in device manager but the Xbox controller option is not there. submitted by /u/squiidpurpp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9sych/how_to_connect_xbox_one_controller/
  9. Xbox one controller connection to my windows 10 computer

Xbox one controller connection to my windows 10 computer: Ok so I have been trying this for about two days and I have put new batteries in my controller and everything. I really want to play games using my xbox controller on my pc, the part that I cant do it get the drivers to install I have tried using the download link you guys...
  10. Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter

Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter: I recently purchased an adapter for my Xbox One controller because the Bluetooth in my computer isn't strong enough to keep a good connection. When I plug in the adapter and try to connect to it, it instead connects to my computers default Bluetooth and the flashing light on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to xbox from pc

2. unable to connect xbox controller to PC