Windows 10: Unable to consistently create stable connections to android devices

Discus and support Unable to consistently create stable connections to android devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have an early 2018 razer blade 15 inch running windows 10 home 1803. I have 2 devices - a pixel 2 and an old nexus 10 with a custom ROM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FordPrefectDV, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Unable to consistently create stable connections to android devices

Hi!

I have an early 2018 razer blade 15 inch running windows 10 home 1803.

I have 2 devices - a pixel 2 and an old nexus 10 with a custom ROM installed on it.

I use my Pixel for internet when I'm travelling through USB tether in countries where hotspot is throttled using an app called pdanet+. Maybe a week or 2 ago I began noticing that when I tried to connect to my phone, the pdanet+ software on my computer would say the phone was disconnected every time I pushed connect. I thought this was a problem with pdanet initially but the problem continued.

I tried browsing the files of my phone through windows explorer - and the phone will show up fine, but when I try to actually browse the filesystem it will disconnect and immediately reconnect. I have tried waiting several different time lengths to see if it will disconnect on it's own - but it won't. Only when I try to actually interact with the phone. I thought it might be an issue with my phone, but I have the same problem with my tablet. At the time of writing this post my PC has stopped recognizing the tablet altogether. I have tried the following:

- To check if it's my phone, I tried the tablet with the exact same problems.

- To check if it's the cable I tried the same cable with my external harddrive - 0 problems.

- I tried twice downloading and re-installing the google usb drivers. Same problems

- I was briefly able to get both devices working by clicking "uninstall device" in device manager when they were connected. A few days ago the problem came back and this solution no longer works

- Today I was screwing around again and for some reason while plugging and unplugging my phone it showed up as an unrecognized device under Devices and Printers (it no longer shows up under device manager - only here and the safely remove hardware button in the taskbar). This time I was able to connect pdanet+ succesfully, but it doesn't show up in windows explorer to move files.

I am reasonably confident this is an issue with windows as 2 different devices have the same problems, and my cables for both work with other non-android devices. Since I am using the latest version of google usb driver I would imagine the issue doesn't lie there - especially since it does occasionally work. I can't image this is a hardware issue either as other usb devices work without any issues.

I am really not sure where to go from here as I can't find this issue or solutions to it anywhere else. Any help is appreciated.

:)

FordPrefectDV, Dec 10, 2018

2. unable to connect to android devices using blooth

can anyone tell me how to connect my nokia lumia 925 to other android devices using bluetooth?

I have another android phone, from which I want to import contacts to lumia 925. but the phone is unable to connect to the android device.

someone help me, please. Thank you.

Achyutha K Raj, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Unable to consistently create stable connections to android devices

Bluetooth headset is not working consistently

Patricia,

Thanks! for your prompt response and for sharing additional articles/information, around reported issues.

Have updated comments inline against your queries above to maintain the continuity.

Best,

AdarshDogra, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Unable to consistently create stable connections to android devices

1. Unable to consistently create stable connections to android devices - Similar Threads - Unable consistently create

2. Not able to connect Android Device as MTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect Android Device as MTP: Hi Guys,I am not able to plug my Android Redmi Note phone on windows machine to transfer the data.it refuses to install the MTP driver that is needed to add the device.Cables are working fine as I tested my mobile with the cable in another windows machine perfectly fineTried...
  3. Not able to connect Android Device as MTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect Android Device as MTP: Hi Guys,I am not able to plug my Android Redmi Note phone on windows machine to transfer the data.it refuses to install the MTP driver that is needed to add the device.Cables are working fine as I tested my mobile with the cable in another windows machine perfectly fineTried...
  4. Not able to connect Android Device as MTP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  6. Unable to create incoming connection

Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  7. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  9. Unable to get a stable Wifi-Connection on Windows 10

Unable to get a stable Wifi-Connection on Windows 10: Hello, I build a new PC and installed Windows 10 on it. Problem is, that I cannot use my Wireless USB Adapter on that PC properly. Everything works fine on my other devices, including my old PC with Windows 7 installed. I used to use the TL-Link TL-WN821N Adapter, but it...
  10. Problem with stable connection

Problem with stable connection: My windows 10 home was working just perfect until today's update. Now I cannot get it to stay connected more than three minutes so if this is too brief that is why. When I run the troubleshooter for the wireless connection it says the wireless connector is not connected and...