Windows 10: "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10

Discus and support "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Iv looked around and tried everything i could find but i tried ipconfig /renew due to "ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration" and got the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ollie waldman, Dec 12, 2018.

1. "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10

Iv looked around and tried everything i could find but i tried ipconfig /renew due to "ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration" and got the error in the subject.

The DCHP client is running and on automatic and i have reinstalled windows to no avail (windows 10)

Anybhelo would be much appreciated.

:)

Ollie waldman, Dec 12, 2018

2. Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Good evening.

I have a simple yet complicated Problem. My Computer logs onto the internet just fine but will only load sites like Wikipedia, Google and Youtube.

It appears that Ipv6 connects just fine but when I check for device info (provided by router admin access) it shows my computers IPv4 as 0.0.0.0.

When I go into CMD and type ipconfig/renew it is unable to contact the DHCP server. The Resquest times out.

On ipconfig/all it says my WLaN adapter does not have DHCP enabled, but according to settings it does?

I’ve tried the Netsh commands, restarting PC and Router, Re-enabling my adapter, changing IP to a static one but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

NonoUrbaczka, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 12, 2018
  4. "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10

Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Update: It now says it is enabled but can still not connect to the DHCP servers

NonoUrbaczka, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

"Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10

1. "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable contact DHCP

2. Request timed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request timed out: Each website I visited I got this error message but when I browse using different device it works fine without problem. I remember I made a system restore on the device but couple of days ago I was able to use the computer properly. I have LAN connection. I tried to...
  3. DHCP server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DHCP server: Ik ben al een poosje op zoek naar een DHCP server, hoe kom ik daaraan? En welke kan ik veilig downloaden of staat hij al op Windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp-server/7a23e6b2-1268-43bd-a917-9c41ece58bb2
  4. FIXED: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million...

FIXED: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  5. ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  6. Cannot Contact DHCP Server

Cannot Contact DHCP Server: (Rather complex problem, which probably should be in two forums, but I'm going to start here. I am using my wife's computer due to the problem, which is compounded by incredibly slow Internet speed today; it is so slow that speed tests won't load. I checked the DSL modem, it...
  7. Ipconfig/renew returns cannot connect to DHCP request timed out

Ipconfig/renew returns cannot connect to DHCP request timed out: Lost ethernet connectivity with my HP Pavilion running windows 10 about 2 days ago. Tried the network reset option but yielded zero results. Ipconfig/flushdns followed by /release worked but upon using ipconfig/renew I get the message in the subject line. Laptop was purchased...
  8. Fix Unable to contact your DHCP Server error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to contact your DHCP Server error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While trying to renew the IP address, if you receive Unable to contact your DHCP Server error message on your Windows computer, then this post may be able to help you. Expired IP addresses might interrupt your Internet connection. Thus, [...] This post Fix...
  9. Request timed out

Request timed out: Hi, please help when i'm using any wifi, it's not stable at all and when i ping with CMD ( ping riot.de -t ) i get requested timed out each 4 secs continiously (riot.de is a League of legends game server, it works perfectly almost at anytime) same issue with google.com or...
  10. Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Unable to contact your DHCP server.: Good evening. I have a simple yet complicated Problem. My Computer logs onto the internet just fine but will only load sites like Wikipedia, Google and Youtube. It appears that Ipv6 connects just fine but when I check for device info (provided by router admin access) it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to contact your DHCP server windows 10

2. unable to contact dhcp server windows 10

3. unable to contact your dhcp server request has timed out

4. windows 10 dhcp requests timeout ,
  5. unable to contact dhcp server,
  6. unable to contact your dhcp server. request has timed out server 2016,
  7. unable to contact your dhcp server timeout,
  8. unuble to contact your dhcp server,
  9. unable to contact dhcp server. request has timed out,
  10. windows 10 dhcp request to time out,
  11. dhcp timed out,