Windows 10: Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Discus and support Unable to contact your DHCP server. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening. I have a simple yet complicated Problem. My Computer logs onto the internet just fine but will only load sites like Wikipedia, Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NonoUrbaczka, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Good evening.

I have a simple yet complicated Problem. My Computer logs onto the internet just fine but will only load sites like Wikipedia, Google and Youtube.

It appears that Ipv6 connects just fine but when I check for device info (provided by router admin access) it shows my computers IPv4 as 0.0.0.0.

When I go into CMD and type ipconfig/renew it is unable to contact the DHCP server. The Resquest times out.

On ipconfig/all it says my WLaN adapter does not have DHCP enabled, but according to settings it does?

I’ve tried the Netsh commands, restarting PC and Router, Re-enabling my adapter, changing IP to a static one but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

NonoUrbaczka, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    The DHCP Server service terminated without a valid clue

Hi Chhetri Suman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol): Every device on TCP/IP needs unique IP address to access the network. DHCP controls the allotment of IP addresses. However, if
    you can access internet, DHCP should work fine. But if there is some issue with the internet, you can follow these steps and resolve the DHCP error.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Network and internet > click on Change adapter settings
      on the left pane.

Unable to contact your DHCP server. 09619031-1f13-4ca0-a6dd-259b95a37c89?upload=true.png

4. Right click on the Ethernet connection you are using and select properties.

5. Select Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.

6. Check the following radio boxes:

• Obtain an IP address automatically
    • Obtain DNS server address automatically

Unable to contact your DHCP server. 234a8777-d812-4c80-9703-8d6b427e49d2?upload=true.jpg

7. Now windows 10 will retrieve the IP address automatically.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Unable to contact your DHCP server.

Unable to access my router

That address is a default loopback in the range when it is not statically setup or picking up DHCP. That range works fine for peer-2-peer on a local-level, but is only used when no DHCP server is detected.

You need to point it to your DHCP server or give it a static IP address (recommended) in the IP address range that your DHCP server is managing (your other router/gateway for your site).

So what is handing out IP addresses on your network? A server? A router?

If you want to set this router up as an AP, you made sure DHCP was disabled then correct? I'm assuming it is, but then using DD-WRT (which I have a Hyper-V VM of atm, so I can boot it up and mess around to work through this with u)...you need to make sure your WAN is setup for DHCP as well, or give it a static IP address that's in your network's range.

There are other options yet, but let's get a connection going first.

Need more details about your site's network setup to really know how to help you correctly...all I can do is give blind suggestions based on assumptions. So list out what you have (kind of like you'd want to list out your PC system specs if you were experiencing a crashing/hardware issue and needed help).

Kursah, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Unable to contact your DHCP server.

1. Unable to contact your DHCP server. - Similar Threads - Unable contact DHCP

2. Unable to contact your DCHP server. Resetting network didnt have an affect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to contact your DCHP server. Resetting network didnt have an affect: Since 2 days ago i can not connect to the internet via ethernet. It worked fine before it crashed and it suddenly stopped. After the crash in the loading screen it repaired disc C idk if this is relevant or not and now intried everything. I cleared the cache on the dns....
  3. Unable to contact your DCHP server. Resetting network didnt have an affect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to contact your DCHP server. Resetting network didnt have an affect: Since 2 days ago i can not connect to the internet via ethernet. It worked fine before it crashed and it suddenly stopped. After the crash in the loading screen it repaired disc C idk if this is relevant or not and now intried everything. I cleared the cache on the dns....
  4. Unable to contact your DCHP server. Resetting network didnt have an affect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DHCP server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DHCP server: Ik ben al een poosje op zoek naar een DHCP server, hoe kom ik daaraan? En welke kan ik veilig downloaden of staat hij al op Windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dhcp-server/7a23e6b2-1268-43bd-a917-9c41ece58bb2
  6. FIXED: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million...

FIXED: ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  7. ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  8. Cannot Contact DHCP Server

Cannot Contact DHCP Server: (Rather complex problem, which probably should be in two forums, but I'm going to start here. I am using my wife's computer due to the problem, which is compounded by incredibly slow Internet speed today; it is so slow that speed tests won't load. I checked the DSL modem, it...
  9. Fix Unable to contact your DHCP Server error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to contact your DHCP Server error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While trying to renew the IP address, if you receive Unable to contact your DHCP Server error message on your Windows computer, then this post may be able to help you. Expired IP addresses might interrupt your Internet connection. Thus, [...] This post Fix...
  10. "Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10

"Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." Windows 10: Iv looked around and tried everything i could find but i tried ipconfig /renew due to "ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration" and got the error in the subject. The DCHP client is running and on automatic and i have reinstalled windows to no avail (windows 10)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to contact your dhcp server

2. unable to contact dhcp server

3. CMD says i have no DHCp when i u have made on in server manager

4. unable to contact dhcp,
  5. Unable to contact your DHCP server windows 10,
  6. unable to contact dhcp server windows 10,
  7. impossible to contact dhpc server