Windows 10: UNABLE TO CONTROL MY DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS.

Discus and support UNABLE TO CONTROL MY DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; GRAPHICS DRIVER IS UPDATED. NEITHER THE DEDICATED DISPLAY CONTROL KEYS ARE WORKING NOR THE CHANGE DISPLAY SLIDER IN THE NOTIFICATION SECTION. WHERE IS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Susanta KumarDurga, Apr 18, 2021.

1. UNABLE TO CONTROL MY DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS.

GRAPHICS DRIVER IS UPDATED. NEITHER THE DEDICATED DISPLAY CONTROL KEYS ARE WORKING NOR THE CHANGE DISPLAY SLIDER IN THE NOTIFICATION SECTION. WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

:)

Susanta KumarDurga, Apr 18, 2021
  2. hake Win User

Display brightness control cannot be found

I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Dell 270S mini-tower PC. Neither Windows 10 nor the Intel driver software provide a brightness control. The issue was also with Windows 10 1909. I have a hunch that Microsoft and Intel each thought that the brightness control would be provided by the other. I simply cannot find it.

The display adaptor device is only described as 'HD Graphics' using Intel driver 10.18.10.5059 dated 16 June 2018.
    The display screen is a Dell P2212H(Analog).

If anyone has any suggestions where to look for a brightness control, apart from the one on the display monitor control panel, I would be delighted to know about it.

3. Brightness control not working

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and"Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Apr 18, 2021
  4. UNABLE TO CONTROL MY DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS.

No brightness control bar is display settings

Thank you for answering the questions. Can you describe to us what you are seeing in the display section? Also, as our initial troubleshooting step, you may try adjusting the screen brightness by going to Power Options. Kindly follow the steps below to check
    this.

• Press Windows key and type "power options".
    • Select Power Options from the results.
    • On the bottom part of the window, you will see the screen brightness slider.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

UNABLE TO CONTROL MY DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS.

1. UNABLE TO CONTROL MY DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS. - Similar Threads - UNABLE CONTROL DISPLAY

2. Unable to Control Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Control Screen Brightness: I can't control my laptop's brightness, or more like the settings to control the brightness isn't even here. [IMG][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-control-screen-brightness/741ede6c-a5f0-4a4b-b9ba-0bbff913c4fb
  3. Display brightness control cannot be found

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display brightness control cannot be found: I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Dell 270S mini-tower PC. Neither Windows 10 nor the Intel driver software provide a brightness control. The issue was also with Windows 10 1909. I have a hunch that Microsoft and Intel each thought that the brightness control would be...
  4. Display brightness control cannot be found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display brightness control cannot be found: I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Dell 270S mini-tower PC. Neither Windows 10 nor the Intel driver software provide a brightness control. The issue was also with Windows 10 1909. I have a hunch that Microsoft and Intel each thought that the brightness control would be...
  5. brightness control

brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  6. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  7. My display brightness

My display brightness: My display is so light I can barely see it. Only screen app I can see clearly is Fb. I changed brightness and did not help. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-brightness/418543c2-0182-4e8e-b25e-3029b986f3e5
  8. NO Display brightness & contract control

NO Display brightness & contract control: All detail on my screen is wash out, like I'm in bright white. Icon are faint. Looking at picture folders in file they are washed out or faint. Can't get the detail and sharpness back. Can't even get back original Windows page colors. It's like what ever update we got...
  9. Can't control brightness/Display adapters gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't control brightness/Display adapters gone: I am no longer able to control the brightness on my laptop. I have uninstalled the last several updates, as I'm quite sure something in one of them did this. I wanted to update drivers, but display adapters doesn't even show in device manager. Please help....
  10. Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider

Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider: I have been unable to adjust my brightness on my laptop. It seems like anything related to the idea of "brightness" has been wiped from my computer: no brightness slider in display settings, no slider in the Action Center, can't use my keyboard shortcuts (Fn + F11/F12), and...