Windows 10: Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

Discus and support Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not able to convert a standard user account into an administrative account due to which I'm not able to make changes in apps etc. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kunwar RajeevSingh, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

I am not able to convert a standard user account into an administrative account due to which I'm not able to make changes in apps etc. Please help.

:)

Kunwar RajeevSingh, Jan 23, 2022
  2. E-one Win User

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

Thanks to all for taking the trouble to share your opinion. I personally have always had two accounts on my computer – administrator for administrator actions and standard for everyday use. The reason I'm asking is that some legitimate modern programs still require administrative permissions to run them in standard user. I suspect that some legitimate modern programs are unable to install updates in standard user even with administrative permissions. And some programs have limited functionality in standard user account. Last but not least, it's an extra work to set up and administer two accounts for one user of the computer and it takes up more space (relevant for SSD). This is all quite annoying.

As I’m the only user of my computer my only concern is adequate virus protection. I'm well aware of all the everyday hazard associated with using the computer in this day and age. I know how to use and properly configure antivirus software and firewall. So what I’m trying to find an answer to is whether or not UAC turns an administrator account into what is known as a protected administrator account, basically, an administrator account that runs with standard user account privileges. And if not, how much of a benefit for me to use standard user account for everyday work considering that I frequently have to deal with some of my programs constantly requiring administrative permissions to run and some are unable to install updates even with elevated permissions [in standard account].

E-one, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

UAc only puts prompts on the screen. Guest/standard acount have many settings disabled. Which those settings are adjusted by the admin.

eidairaman1, Jan 23, 2022
  4. E-one Win User

Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

Is there still reason to use standard user account in Windows OS?

Hi all!

Suppose I'm the only user of the computer. Suppose I have User Account Control activated. Is there or are there still reasons to create and use standard user account for everyday work? As far as I understand, with User Account Control active I have the permissions of a standard user even if I'm logged on as an administrator. If I use administrator account for everyday work does User Account Control give me EXACTLY the same level of protection from viruses and malware and from making accidental system-wide changes as standard user account with active UAC? I don't imply that UAC protects me from viruses and malware. I use proper antivirus software for that.

In other words, do I get the same level of protection when I use administrator account with UAC enabled and when I use standard account with UAC enabled? Is it true that UAC turns an administrator account into what is know as a protected administrator account, basically, an administrator account that runs with standard user account privileges? Or does standard user account with UAC enabled gives me yet higher level of protection over administrator account with UAC enabled?

E-one, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

1. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account - Similar Threads - Unable convert standard

2. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  3. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  4. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account: I am not able to convert a standard user account into an administrative account due to which I'm not able to make changes in apps etc. Please help....
  6. Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to convert standard user account into an administrator account: I am not able to convert a standard user account into an administrative account due to which I'm not able to make changes in apps etc. Please help....
  7. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  8. Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user

Unable to perform admin tasks after converting Admin account to Standard user: There are two administrators of which I am the owner of my pc and ICT service is the other. I've just changed my status to standard user and therefore cannot have access to do anything like installing a software or make changes as usual. When I tried to install a software,...
  9. Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.: Hi - While trying to trouble shoot a new cable modem I was directed to an IT service tech by what I thought was the real cable modem support. Stupidly I allowed this I tech remote access to my computer, stupid I know. He tried to get to pay to remove "malware" after showing...
  10. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Changing a user account from standard to administration: Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop....