Windows 10: Unable to copy and paste

Discus and support Unable to copy and paste in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to copy and paste. Whenever I attempt to paste something after I copy it (whether right clicking and selecting copy in any app or windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Knightmare OO7, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Unable to copy and paste

I am unable to copy and paste. Whenever I attempt to paste something after I copy it (whether right clicking and selecting copy in any app or windows explorer) or control+C, I paste the following:

C:\Users\Evan\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-10--15-59-20_.dmp

I've tried clearing my clipboard but I keep getting the same error.

I am using Windows 10 on a 1 week old computer.

:)

Knightmare OO7, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2018
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Unable to copy and paste

Copy and Paste

We would also like to know if you are experiencing this within a specific browser.

To further identify the cause of the issue, we suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are any startup programs that could be conflicting with the copy and paste function. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click
    here.

We also suggest starting the PC in safe mode and try to copy and paste from a browser. Steps can be found
    here.

We look forward to your response.

Patricia Yu, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Unable to copy and paste

1. Unable to copy and paste - Similar Threads - Unable copy paste

2. Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum: With a new cean install of Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.1928, I am unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-copy-paste-between-pages-on-this-forum/69d9cff4-5809-4262-895b-a3a448091e3a
  3. Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum: With a new cean install of Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.1928, I am unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-copy-paste-between-pages-on-this-forum/69d9cff4-5809-4262-895b-a3a448091e3a
  4. Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network: We have 5 PC computers all with Windows 10/11 all linked through wire connections in our office. All PC's can view and edit folders and files that are saved on my PC Windows 11. A fellow coworker's PC Windows 11 can copy/paste files and folders that are located on her...
  5. Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network

Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network: We have 5 PC computers all with Windows 10/11 all linked through wire connections in our office. All PC's can view and edit folders and files that are saved on my PC Windows 11. A fellow coworker's PC Windows 11 can copy/paste files and folders that are located on her...
  6. Unable to Copy and Paste to RemoteApp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Copy and Paste to RemoteApp: Hi We have a RemoteApp on users Desktops which connects to a Server 2008R2 Enterprise, but when users are trying to copy and paste either text or an attachment it wont allow them.Yet if I log then directly onto the server they can copy and paste both text and attachments back...
  7. Unable to Copy and Paste to RemoteApp

Unable to Copy and Paste to RemoteApp: Hi We have a RemoteApp on users Desktops which connects to a Server 2008R2 Enterprise, but when users are trying to copy and paste either text or an attachment it wont allow them.Yet if I log then directly onto the server they can copy and paste both text and attachments back...
  8. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  9. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to copy and paste in windows