Windows 10: Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

Discus and support Unable to copy file from Excel jump list in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by robgr, Aug 10, 2015.

1. robgr Win User

Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu
    For Win 10 the menu is still there but when you r/c the file it doesn't appear to be in focus and consequently nothing is saved to the clipboard
    This is certainly the case for Excel and Word , I expect it's the same for all Office apps
    Can't find anything applicable in the usual places, any ideas?

:)

robgr, Aug 10, 2015

2. Where is my Excel Jump List on Windows 10?

I used to use the jump list for Excel from the start menu to open recently used Excel files. Now it has gone and I cant find out how to get it back. I am sure it is there somewhere. Does anyone know how I can restore the jump list of recently used Excel
    files?

leicestersq, Aug 10, 2015
  3. On upgrade to Windows 10 1607, jump list arrows no longer appear on start menu items

Jump lists are turned on in settings, but they only appear in items on the taskbar. Jump list arrows do not appear next to "most used" apps in the Start menu. This is a major annoyance, because I like to launch my Excel and Word files from the start menu,
    and now the jump lists are only usable in the taskbar, which means I have to pin a bunch of stuff to the taskbar to have jump lists.

Is there a simple way to get jump lists active again on the Start menu?

R. Hansen_690, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

I have the same issue, but the items are available to copy. However, when I try to paste, the context menu for paste is not enabled, and other methods for pasting do not work either. So I agree that the items are probably not even on the clipboard.

BTW, this is not limited to Excel or even Office. Images I edit with Paint don't work either.

IanKaufman, Aug 12, 2015
  5. robgr Win User
    I was hoping that KB3081424 would fix this issue but no dice (it did however fix the start menu pin/unpin issues tho)
    I have posted this issue via the Win feedback tool
    Any one got any ideas?

robgr, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Rabies Win User
    Hi, I seem to have all of the issues- no jump lists available at all on either the task bar or the start menu- which is a real pain- any ideas how I can get this sorted?

Rabies, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

1. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list - Similar Threads - Unable copy file

2. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  3. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  4. "Open File location" from Jump List Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open File location" from Jump List Property: In Windows 7, I used to be able to right click on a jumplist item and then select "Open File Location".In windows 10 that extremely useful feature has disappeared. How can I get it back?...
  5. list of files jumps to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  6. Can't add document to Excel jump list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't add document to Excel jump list: I am no longer able to add a new pinned Excel document to the Excel jump list on the Taskbar. I can remove existing items from the jump list, but when I try to pin a new item to it my request is ignored. I can manage my MS Word jump list without any problems. I've tried using...
  7. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  8. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  9. Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu: There's nothing there that links those shortcuts to the jumplist for the app that opens them, that the job of the files in the AutomaticDestinations folder. So what is the purpose of the recent items folder? Where are those shortcut files, folders used?
  10. Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016: so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-( I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still...