Windows 10: Unable to copy files from Thumbdrive to Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to copy files from Thumbdrive to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and have had MANY frustrations . The latest is I'm trying to copy files from a thumb drive to my Windows 10 doc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToBluPony, Sep 15, 2020.

1. ToBluPony Win User

Unable to copy files from Thumbdrive to Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and have had MANY frustrations . The latest is I'm trying to copy files from a thumb drive to my Windows 10 doc and it won't. I have followed all the instructions which are a pain in the **** BTW- you can't just drag over . WHY Microsoft thought this was an "improvement" is beyond me and it just does nothing. The thumb drive is not locked. I get no error messages..just nothing happens.

Any Advice?

:)

ToBluPony, Sep 15, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to copy files from Thumbdrive to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable copy files

2. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  3. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to cut/copy files from external drive: Coundnt transfer files from my USB 3.0 external drive. after certain time, its transfer speed fell to 0. And this problem happens on this specific drive.Here, 1. I have tried with different windows PC's with different files in different locations.2. keep it transferring for...
  4. Unable to cut/copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to Copy Jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Copy Jpg files: I switched my wife's computer to Windows 10 earlier this year and have had no problems with copying and pasting jpg files. Today I switched it to Office 2019 and can now no longer copy or paste jpg files. When I try to copy, I get a message: "Item not Collected: Format not...
  6. Unable to store 18G file on 32G Thumbdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to store 18G file on 32G Thumbdrive: I have created a DVD in Roxio 7 on my computer and wanted to save the 18G DVD file on a 32G thumb drive. File explorer in windows 10 is telling me it is too big a file? That would be the only thing on the thumb drive....
  7. download files from backup thumbdrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download files from backup thumbdrive.: I downloaded Windows 10 on my computer, replacing the OS that came with it (Windows 7). I have a thumb drive that contains a lot of apps and stuff from my previous computer that is now broken. How can I download this material from the thumb drive to my current computer?...
  8. Download Windows 10 ISO from a thumbdrive

Download Windows 10 ISO from a thumbdrive: HP Stream laptop with corrupted drivers. Microsoft reps have been trying to help me download Windows ISO 10 from a thumbdrive but the they don't know what Function key to hit while powering on the laptop. Any help?...
  9. Saving Windows 10 to thumbdrive

Saving Windows 10 to thumbdrive: I did a factory reset to my Dell laptop. I need to reinstall windows 10 however first need to save it to a usb thumbdrive. How do I do this? I'm logged into my microsoft account on the PC....
  10. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to copy file from Excel jump list: Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu For Win 10 the menu is still there but when you r/c the file it doesn't appear to be in focus and consequently nothing is...