Windows 10: Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive

Discus and support Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a second 1tb WD Black hard drive where I store all my games and files but I can no longer move anything into the hard-drive even tho windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by slayer, Aug 4, 2016.

1. slayer Win User

Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive

So I have a second 1tb WD Black hard drive where I store all my games and files but I can no longer move anything into the hard-drive even tho windows says I have 500gb of free space. I reformatted but I still have these problems. Should I RMA it? Or should I convert it from FAT32 to NTFS? (Last resort as I also dual boot with OSX and use that to transfer files across from each other)

:)

slayer, Aug 4, 2016

2. Unable to copy files from external hard drive to new laptop

I had a toshiba laptop before and I have copied all my documents from it to my external hard drive.

Now when trying to copy the files to my new laptop, it asks me for permission and doesn't let me copy the files.

I have looked for a solution multiple times. Taken ownership of the file. Added my user to the list giving full access control and it still tells me that I don't have access to it and doesn't let me copy the files.

Nimish Abrol, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Unable to copy files to external hard drive

Original Title: Administrator Rights

When copying files to an external hard drive I get the message:

You need permission to perform this action

You require permission from your Administrator to make changes to this folder.

I am logged on with my User ID set up as an Administrator.

Why does it demand I ask myself for permission?

Also using the try again check box still does not allow the action to complete.

IanClark_4Thought, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive

1. Unable to copy items to Second Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Unable copy items

2. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  3. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  4. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  6. Copying to External Hard Drive

Copying to External Hard Drive: I try to copy files to my external hard drives, the system goes through the procedure, but when I look where the files should be, only the folders are being copied. Why am I unable to copy to external drives and how can I do this?...
  7. Second hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  8. Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10

Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10: My computer has a 1 TB second internal storage drive, and the 238 GB the main drive has been filled up with apps and games. I tried to go to storage settings and move my apps and games to the second drive, as well as redirect all future app downloads to the second drive, but...
  9. Full copy of a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full copy of a hard drive?: Is it possible to make an entire copy of your Windows 10 hard drive installation with all existing programs so everything (and I do mean everything) can be transferred to a new SSD drive?...
  10. External Hard Drive copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive copies: When I attach an external hard drive it displays two copies (e.g. Drive (E:)) the content is the same but when moving folders or files i have sometimes put them in different copies. I would like just one drive but how do i get rid of the copy?...