Windows 10: Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive

Discus and support Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I am facing one weird issue with Windows 10 Home O.S i.e whenever I try to copy .MKV file from my local drive to network drive(Netgear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SAI SATISH KAMIREDDY, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive

Hi All,

I am facing one weird issue with Windows 10 Home O.S i.e whenever I try to copy .MKV file from my local drive to network drive(Netgear Readyshare USB) over wifi network getting error message as "Can not copy to Destination folder. Please verify path //readyshare", sometimes getting error message as "Destination folder access denied". However I am able to copy .mp4, Images, etc.

Also did try to disable Windows defender firewall but, unfortunately issue is not resolved.

No third party Anti Virus software is installed on machine.

Laptop model: Lenovo Idepad 530S 8th gen I5, 8GB RAM and 250GB SSD

Wifi Router: Netgear R6220 AC 1200 Smart

Other users also facing this issue, Please refer below links for clues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSzLL5kwg50

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Cannot-copy-files-to-Readyshare-storage/td-p/1588289

Could you please help me.

Regards,

Sai Satish K.

:)

SAI SATISH KAMIREDDY, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Netgear Readyshare

k ...
    1. In the router advanced settings > usb storage > readyshare what are you using for Read/Write Access .. Admin or All-No Password ???
    2. I'm guessing you've tried by ip addess (i.e. \\192.168.1.1\readyshare) ???

EDIT:
    FWIW ... this is my advanced settings > usb storage > readyshare

Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive [​IMG]

Eagle51, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User
    Netgear Readyshare

Except for the share name my setup is the same.

Winuser, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive

ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.

I have been using ReadyShare with a Netgear R6300v2 Router. I originally just used a cheap flash drive to test this function. File transfer across Wi-Fi is SLOOOOW, so I tried to use the flash drive Connected directly to my Windows 10 USB port. but it
    wont connect it says that the Drive letter U: can not be found (well duh because it is no longer in the Netgear router. is there a workaround solution for this?

TNTRenegadeInTN, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive

1. Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive - Similar Threads - Unable copy mkv

2. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  3. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  4. Can't copy files to network usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files to network usb drive: I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10. I have no problems with windows 7. I can...
  5. Netgear R7000 Readyshare Vault -- email notification error from Gmail.

Netgear R7000 Readyshare Vault -- email notification error from Gmail.: I have been using R7000 backup to vault for over a year and have never been able to get verifications of backups through Gmail. I tested "test email notification" First message: "Failed to send email notification. Details: Unexpected MAIL FROM response, last Response; 530...
  6. mkv files

mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  7. ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.: I have been using ReadyShare with a Netgear R6300v2 Router. I originally just used a cheap flash drive to test this function. File transfer across Wi-Fi is SLOOOOW, so I tried to use the flash drive Connected directly to my Windows 10 USB port. but it wont connect it says...
  8. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  9. Netgear Readyshare

Netgear Readyshare: I was having a problem keeping a wireless connection to the \\readyshare on a desktop that originally had a direct connection. I deleted the HDD from the router so I could start from scratch and now I can't connect to \\readyshare with any of my computers including my laptop...
  10. Copy WinSXS file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy WinSXS file to usb drive: I have two desktops - exactly same specs - Windows 10 10240. One runs SFC Scannow showing no corruption and DISM with no errors. The other has corruption but SFC can't fix and Dism can't find source files. My thinking is if I can use the 1st pc's WinSXS files to run DISM,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netgear readyshare large file transfer

2. can access some folders on usb drive attached to readyshare

3. netgear readyshare usb drive format

4. copying files to readyshare,
  5. move file to readyshare,
  6. readyshare drivers,
  7. wht cant i copy foiles to nighthawk,
  8. how to transfer files from pc to readyshare drive