Windows 10: Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.

Discus and support Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first got my computer I was able to have a separate google icon on my desktop for my school, home, and work accounts. I got rid of them thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FESmith_1020, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.

When I first got my computer I was able to have a separate google icon on my desktop for my school, home, and work accounts. I got rid of them thinking I didn't need them.

Now I realize I do and I can't create a shortcut anymore. I currently have a desktop shortcut for one google account but am unable to create another.

My second google account won't show up in any of my Start TIles. I am able to pin the account to my taskbar but not my desktop.

I have a Lenovo Flex and am currently running Windows 10, the most up to date version.

:)

FESmith_1020, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User

Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

Anything added to the Chrome apps folder is also added to your Google Apps page too:

Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account. [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    User account control pop-up when running Google Chrome

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be because Google Chrome is set to Run as administrator that is why you get the User Account Control pop-up every time you open Google Chrome. We can change the settings to Run Google Chrome as normal and check if that helps.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on Google Chrome shortcut on Desktop and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Clear the check box for Run as
      administrator.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.
    5. Open Google Chrome and check.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.

Edwin, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.

1. Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account. - Similar Threads - Unable create desktop

2. Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut: I am creating a new thread since my original problem "Unable to create Desktop Short cut nor New Folder in Windows 10" has been closed as solved. Wanted to report the following for those who responded to the problem: Feedback Report I have logged as Administrator and found...
  3. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  4. fix my google chrome shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fix my google chrome shortcut: fix my google chrome shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emma34/c8eec995-8d16-41a2-917b-d036176cfb8d
  5. how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome: I just switched to chrome and I have no toolbar at the top of the page. How do I download a google toolbar or a google shortcut on my desktop...
  6. Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and bookmarks...
  7. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing...
  8. desktop shortcut for google

in Browsers and Email
    desktop shortcut for google: Bottom left says search the web and windows, but it just shows replies from bing. I cant even find how to do a desktop short cut for google. Desktop shortcut used to be so easy. Is W10 going to turn out to be more difficult to used than 8, or is it really easier once you...
  9. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...