Windows 10: UNABLE TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK

Discus and support UNABLE TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to network 3 home computers all running W10. All of them get created as a media device when I need them to be created as computers as is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphdoyle1, Jun 8, 2019.

1. UNABLE TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK

I am trying to network 3 home computers all running W10. All of them get created as a media device when I need them to be created as computers as is displayed in the 'network and sharing center'

:)

ralphdoyle1, Jun 8, 2019
  2. bug67 Win User

Can't create Wi-Fi hotspot

Sorry I've been so long in replying with an update to all this. I've just now had time to sit down and work with it. Unfortunately, none of the suggestions are working.

nigelmercier, thanks for the linked tutorial. However, steps 1 and 2 of that tutorial DO NOT create the virtual network as stated in my original post.

So, I am still unable to create a virtual network and would greatly appreciate some help.

bug67, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Creating massive VPN!! - school project

i am looking for any suggestions on the software used to create the network.

craigwhiteside, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

UNABLE TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

UNABLE TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK

1. UNABLE TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK - Similar Threads - UNABLE CREATE HOME

2. Unable to save files on my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save files on my home network.: I have a new Windows 11 laptop on my home network. So far I can see all devices on the network but cannot save a file to my Desktop. I can save the file to my laptop then in File Explorer am able to cut and paste the file onto my Desktop drive. Both machines are running Win...
  3. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. creating a home network

creating a home network: I have a desktop computer with a wireless adapter and an external hard drive with all of my files on it. I have a new laptop that I want to network with the desktop so that I can access and work with the files on my external hard drive. I am having issues with all of the...
  7. Unable to set up home group network

Unable to set up home group network: I go to the Control Panel, then Network and Internet, then Changing Advance Sharing Settings, then Guest or Public. Here I switch all the parameters on and click Save. But when I boot the next time, all these parameters are disabled again...
  8. Unable to connect to 1 PC on home network

Unable to connect to 1 PC on home network: I have a home network that was working prior to the last updates to 18362... and 19041.21 the network is wired. Since the updates I can connect to 18362, Transfer files etc. From 18362. I can see 19041 on the network but cannot connect to it, error0X80070035. If I try to...
  9. Unable to Connect to a Laptop on my home network

Unable to Connect to a Laptop on my home network: Hello :) I've been struggling for some time tying to create a shared drive on a desktop pc running windows 10. This is so that my wife can access a file on our laptop that's on the same home network as the desktop. All attempts to do this give the error "Network path not...
  10. Unable to see 2nd laptop on home network

Unable to see 2nd laptop on home network: hi there so I have 2 laptops on my home network. previously I used homegroup to share files between computers and this was obviously stopped. I then just created a workgroup and shared files that way. however i noticed a couple of weeks ago that from Laptop 1 I physically...