Windows 10: Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed

Discus and support Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I DESPERATELY NEED HELP! My laptop has now destroyed 2 flash drives that, THANK GOD, were not very big or expensive. The problem is that when I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by binaryCodescape, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed

I DESPERATELY NEED HELP! My laptop has now destroyed 2 flash drives that, THANK GOD, were not very big or expensive. The problem is that when I delete a partition on a flash drive and try to create a new simple volume ny right clicking in the unallocated space, the option is there but it does NOTHING, the new simple volume wizard never appears like it should . It wont even allow me to create a New Simple Drive on some unallocated space on my hard drive. I try to format directly from file explorer, and it says unknown capacity. Then it says windows was unable to format the drive. Ive tried manually deleted the volume with DISKPAR using delete volume and delete volume override commands, IN AN ELEVATED CMD, all to no avail. This computer is eating up all the flash drives I have and I as of this moment have no access to another computer to fix this. A.) Is there anything I can do without another laptop/PC. B.)Are these 2 flash drives just f***** now? (excuse my filtered language but as you can imagine Im a little upset.). C.) What can I do once I get access to another computer. Ive researched all over the web for this specific problem and havent found anything related, if you guys no of anything please link it. Here are some screenshots of the situation I find myself in.
    Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed [​IMG]

:)

binaryCodescape, Jun 18, 2019

2. Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive

Just got a brand new HP computer with windows 10 Pro (64bit) preinstalled on an SSD. I am now adding a 1TB sata hard drive for storing data files. New HDD is installed as Disk 1 and is seen by Windows 10. I initialized it as an MBR basic disc. When I try to go to the next step of creating a volume, I right click on disk 1 and there is no option available to create a new simple volume. There are other volume options (mirror, raid, etc) but they are all greyed out. Simple is not even listed as an option. I went to DISKPART and using clean command, took it back to the start, then initialized it as a GBT. That didn't make a difference. Now I'm back to MBR again. I also did a List Volume command under DISKPART and confirmed there is no volume on this drive. I'm stuck. How can I get this drive to the point where I can format it and use it?
    Thanks!

Witch Hazel, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    creat a new volume/partition

Hi,

Creating a new partition in Windows 10.

To create a new partition, the hard disk drive must contain unallocated space that is not part of an existing partition. Shrink the volume on an existing drive to create unallocated space, then create and format a new partition, using the following steps.

• In Windows, search for and open Create and format hard disk partitions.

• Right-click the Windows (CUnable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed :) drive, or another drive on the computer.

• Click Shrink Volume... from the drop-down menu to create unallocated space.

Figure : Shrink volume

Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed c04789571.jpg

The Shrink window opens.

• Without making any changes to the settings in the Shrink window, click
      Shrink.

Figure : Shrink volume C:

Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed c04789572.jpg

When the shrink process is complete, the new partition displays in the Disk Management utility as Unallocated space.

Figure : Unallocated space

• Right-click the new partition, then select New Simple Volume... from the drop-down menu.

Figure : Creating a new simple volume

The New Simple Volume Wizard displays.

• Click Next.
      The Specify Volume Size window displays.

• Click Next to accept the default setting (recommended), or change the value in the Simple volume size in MB field, and then click
      Next.

Figure : Specify Volume Size

The Assign Drive Letter or Path window displays.

• Select a drive letter from the drop-down menu, then click Next.

Figure : Assign Drive Letter or Path

The Format Partition window displays.

• To name the drive, type a name in the Volume label field.

• Click Next.

Figure : New Simple Volume Wizard

The Completing the New Simple Volume Wizard window displays.

• Click Finish.

Figure : Settings in Completing the New Simple Volume Wizard

The Disk Management utility shows the formatting progress, and then displays the New Volume.

Figure : New volume and its size

Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed c04789579.jpg

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 18, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed

Can't create a new simple volume

Hi Anan, i cannot see from the provided images (all 4 images are the same) what error you are getting . . .

Are you trying to create a new simple volume on the partition marked as unallocated space, and if so what error are you getting?

DaveM121, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed

1. Unable to create a New Simple Volume, 2 flash drives already destroyed - Similar Threads - Unable create Simple

2. External Drive Needs a Simple Volume created but.......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Drive Needs a Simple Volume created but.......: I have a Seagate 4TB external spinning drive. It has a LOT of very valuable data on it!Until this week it has worked perfectly but on inserting the drive, Windows Explorer is not able to find it.Device Manager found it so I opened up Windows Disk Management. The drive is...
  3. External Drive Needs a Simple Volume created but.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive Needs a Simple Volume created but.......: I have a Seagate 4TB external spinning drive. It has a LOT of very valuable data on it!Until this week it has worked perfectly but on inserting the drive, Windows Explorer is not able to find it.Device Manager found it so I opened up Windows Disk Management. The drive is...
  4. External Drive Needs a Simple Volume created but.......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.: I am using windows 10 and was trying to extend c drive, without success. The free space on the drive was previously marked as a d drive. I am trying to create a new simple volume using the free space, but am receiving an error message that 'there is not enough space available...
  6. Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.: I am using windows 10 and was trying to extend c drive, without success. The free space on the drive was previously marked as a d drive. I am trying to create a new simple volume using the free space, but am receiving an error message that 'there is not enough space available...
  7. Unable to create a new simple volume from free space on drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Shall I create a "new simple volume"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shall I create a "new simple volume"?: Windows 10 Home One of my laptops has a problem SSD which is showing less than half the capacity which its reference number indicates that it should be. Following advice I have deleted the volume, so now it doesn't exist in File Explorer. Should I create a new simple volume...
  9. Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive

Unable to create simple volume on new 1TB hard drive: Just got a brand new HP computer with windows 10 Pro (64bit) preinstalled on an SSD. I am now adding a 1TB sata hard drive for storing data files. New HDD is installed as Disk 1 and is seen by Windows 10. I initialized it as an MBR basic disc. When I try to go to the next...
  10. Unable to create a simple Volume out of unallocated space.

Unable to create a simple Volume out of unallocated space.: Alright, so I want to dual boot Ubuntu along side Windows 10. I shrunk my C drive to make a new partition for Ubuntu around 40 GB. However after shrinking the partition, when I try to create a simple volume out of the unallocated space, I get a warning that it will be...