Windows 10: Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.

Discus and support Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Re.: The thread on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kristian-W, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.

Hello,

Re.: The thread on

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-photos-taken-by-a-specific-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27

The script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 is just what I've been looking for,

but I get a compilation error in line 13, position 1 (i.e. line 9 if introducing comments are excluded):

Wrong matrix index,

Code: 800A0009.

This after pasting the text into Vbsedit or Notepad++ and saving as C.vbs in a newly updated 64 bit Windows 10 Home system!

As I know nothing about scripting, I would greatly appreciate some help!

Kind regards,

Kristian Wannebo

(Sweden)

*Original Title*

A script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 to sort photos according to EXIF data

:)

Kristian-W, Jun 25, 2019
  2. chipwood Win User

Amending EXIF data

I am attempting to amend EXIF data of photo in Properties, Details. I can change Data taken, which usually includes time xx:xx, When, however, I try to include time in the edit, it's not permitted. Time is automatically defaulted to the current.

Suggestions, please, how to get round this, or suitable application that will do what I want.

chipwood, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows Photos exif data

According to the following article, you should be able to view it from within Windows File Explorer itself.

https://www.howtogeek.com/289712/how-to-see-an-...

If you are not seeing it in Photos, it could be a limitation of a still maturing app.

I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

Press Windows key + F

This will open the Feedback hub

Proceed to submit your report.

You can reach out to key folks on the Windows Engineering team through Twitter

D:\ona @ #InsiderDevTour (@donasarkar) | Twitter

Brandon LeBlanc (@brandonleblanc) | Twitter

Jen Gentleman (@JenMsft) | Twitter

Jason (@NorthFaceHiker) | Twitter

Make sure you send short link to them. They are known to be very responsive and might be able to point it in the right direction.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.

Nokia 6288 Exif data not captured

Bummer! We just bought 2 nokia 6288 phones and come to find out that the Exif data: Date Picture Taken is not captured. Is there a firmware update or something I can download? I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. My firmware version is 05.92 07-09-06
    RM-78

I've had several different digital cameras and they all store the date the picture was taken. This can be very useful since file create/modification date aren't always reliable. I also have some php scripts I use to post my pictures on a web site, and they
    make use of the Exif date the picture was taken.

The following definition for Exif does say that that the data may include (then the list). Note that the date/time the picture was taken is normally considered the most important element (I think). Anyway, is there some way to get around this??? Any clues appreciated!

Quote:

EXIF stands for Exchangeable Image File Format. It was developed by the Japanese Electronics Industry Development Association (JEIDA) in an effort to simplify and standardize the exchange of data between imaging devices and software. Exif is a variation of
    JPEG, used by almost all digital cameras to record extra interchange information to image files as they are taken. The type of information stored in a file varies by camera model, but it can include such things as date and time a photo was taken, resolution,
    camera settings used for the shot, amount of compression applied, color information, whether or not the flash was fired, shutter speed, name of the camera owner, and so on.

The only Exif fields I see being captured are Camera Model.

macmiller---01, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data.

1. Unable to create a script to sort photos according to EXIF data. - Similar Threads - Unable create script

2. JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.: I have moved some jpg photos to another computer. When I checked 'Properties/Details' on some of them, all the camera data, i.e. manufacturer, shutter speed, ISO and f-stop, etc., has disappeared. Can it be recovered?...
  3. Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?: Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?I have location and "date taken" and caption data on my iPhone but, when I copy those photos to my Windows PC just by browsing to the iPhone and copying because, right now, Photos import...
  4. Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?: Are there any apps that will transfer photos from iPhone - and bring EXIF data with them?I have location and "date taken" and caption data on my iPhone but, when I copy those photos to my Windows PC just by browsing to the iPhone and copying because, right now, Photos import...
  5. Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change 7's "Photo Viewer" sort method according to folder sort option? (as it worked in 7): Recently upgraded from 7. I want to continue to use Windows Photo Viewer for all image formats, but using forward / back no longer advances the images according to the folder's "sort by" option. I guess it's a long shot, but I wondered if anyone knows how to fix this?...
  6. Utility to timestamp photos by exif data?

Utility to timestamp photos by exif data?: I lean heavily on the Windows/Explorer file date and timestamp to sort jpg and other image files chronologically. This used to be easy when most of my photos were copied from a memory card, or directly from a phone. However, more and more of my photos are downloaded from a...
  7. Windows 10 default photo app not saving full EXIF data. ?

Windows 10 default photo app not saving full EXIF data. ?: This is anew occurrence over the past several weeks. I am downloading photos from my camera via USB port/cord as always, doing everything EXACTLY as before, when all EXIF was being displayed. Now the IOS, F#, shutter speed, etc, is no longer displayed. Please advise....
  8. Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data: Starting several weeks ago, my camera images I download no longer have the full EXIF data (ISO, shutter speed, etc.) under properties; details, It worked fine up until then and still works when downloading to my Android smartphone. I ruled out the problem coming from other...
  9. A script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 to sort photos according to EXIF data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 to sort photos according to EXIF data: Hello, Re.: The thread on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-photos-taken-by-a-specific-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27 The script given by Frederik Long on July 24, 2017 is just what I've been looking for, but I get a...
  10. Amending EXIF data

in Windows 10 Support
    Amending EXIF data: I am attempting to amend EXIF data of photo in Properties, Details. I can change Data taken, which usually includes time xx:xx, When, however, I try to include time in the edit, it's not permitted. Time is automatically defaulted to the current. Suggestions, please, how to...