Windows 10: Unable to create a System Back Up

Discus and support Unable to create a System Back Up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to create the system image backup on many occasions with out success, (I did succeed once when the Laptop was new! ) I keep getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllanRiscUser, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Unable to create a System Back Up

I have tried to create the system image backup on many occasions with out success, (I did succeed once when the Laptop was new! ) I keep getting the same error message, so have carried out a full long re Format of the external drive which I wish to use and tried again but without success. I always get the same error message which I do not understand even when I look up the error numbers!

Can anyone understand it and advise me what to do?

:)

AllanRiscUser, Mar 20, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 20, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Unable to create a System Back Up

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to create a System Back Up

1. Unable to create a System Back Up - Similar Threads - Unable create System

2. Why can't I create a system image or back up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create a system image or back up?: I'm trying to back up my files and make a system image. Everytime I try it says back completed but some files are missing. When I try to make the system image it comes up and says failed because user cancelled. Any insight as to why this is happening would be appreciated....
  3. Why can't I create a system image or back up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I create a system image or back up?: I'm trying to back up my files and make a system image. Everytime I try it says back completed but some files are missing. When I try to make the system image it comes up and says failed because user cancelled. Any insight as to why this is happening would be appreciated....
  4. Unable to create System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create System Image: Hello, I've bought a new SSD for my laptop. I have cloned the OS from HDD to the new SSD and it's working fine; But, recently, I have a problem after this action. I can't create a System Image by using Backup and Restore due to this error: "The backup failed. A Volume...
  5. system back-up

system back-up: how can I create a system back-up on a thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-back-up/de14e33e-9227-4f7e-90c7-a16156eb2ad1
  6. Unable to create system image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create system image: Hi, I would like to make a system image to backup by PC. However, when I am trying to create the image on my hard drive. The drop down menu only shows <refresh> but nothing else. [ATTACH] Upon selecting <refresh>. The system redirects me to "On a network location"...
  7. System back up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System back up: When I do a backup up on my computer does it back up the programs as well as files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-back-up/e40763d3-5467-4b8f-b4e6-51d81a45f873
  8. back up system

back up system: I need to back up files so that I can send my laptop to HP for issues. They asked that I backup my files. Now that I am ready to do this, I am questioning: do I just back up all files? How do I know I have them ALL? Do I need to back up Office since I purchased this...
  9. Creating A System Image For Back-up By Using the Command Line

Creating A System Image For Back-up By Using the Command Line: Summary: This discussion covers creating a system image to back up your entire computer by using the command line. More Information: Normally, creating a system image can be done by accessing Control Panel->Back-up and Restore Centre (Windows 7)->Create a system image....
  10. Creating a system back up ISO image to USB

Creating a system back up ISO image to USB: I've just done a fresh W10 install. I'd like to create an ISO that I can use rufus (or similar/better?) to create a bootable image from USB that I can install Windows that includes all of my essential drivers and programs already installed. Is this possible? What's the best...