Windows 10: Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CRGibson, Apr 19, 2020.

1. CRGibson Win User

Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler.
    A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to fill in my Sign In code. I have never had a sign in, (always leave blank). The only choice I have is "OK" and "Cancel".

I have 13 other tasks from before the Reset and they all work now just like before.

I have run the tutorial and even ran a backup of the task I had made when I first made the task a few years ago (it loaded and works only when I click the Run Now button).

Any help, Please

Win 10 Home, Build18363.778

:)

CRGibson, Apr 19, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

Task scheduler

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What error message you're getting while using Task Scheduler?

Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with corrupted system files:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs. If the problem still persist, try to check the issue by creating other User Profile to see if problem still arises.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

1. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Unable create task

2. Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler: We are trying to schedule mxdperfstat in task scheduler which runs daily at a specific time, but after it is run, it gets stuck in running phase.The entire process for our mxd takes around 2-3 minutes.When the bat file is run manually which has the following command:...
  3. Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler: We are trying to schedule mxdperfstat in task scheduler which runs daily at a specific time, but after it is run, it gets stuck in running phase.The entire process for our mxd takes around 2-3 minutes.When the bat file is run manually which has the following command:...
  4. Unable to Schedule mxdperfstat in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler: Task scheduler using local non-admin account to run shutdown /s not working. Asks for password then gives error that account does not have privileges'. I change the user running the account to admin, run whether logged off or not, not storing password, same error after...
  6. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  7. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  8. Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to schedule tasks in Task scheduler with option run the task whether the user is...: I am able to schedule tasks with the first option that is - run when the user is logged on. But when I try with the other option - run whether the user is logged on or not, it doesn't work....
  9. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...