Windows 10: Unable to create account in settings

Discus and support Unable to create account in settings in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chelsey_becker, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Unable to create account in settings

Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile but I cant do it. What is blocking me to create a new user?

:)

chelsey_becker, Dec 6, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

Sign in to your Microsoft account dashboard - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Unable to create account in settings

Unable to create account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to access this option?
    • Do you have any other accounts that you are able to login?
    Try to Enable the Hidden Admin account:

From Login Screen try the below steps.

• On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down
      while you select Power > Restart
      (in the lower-right corner of the screen).

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
    • Click on Command Prompt, type the command and click
      enter.

• net user Administrator /active:yes
      (there is a space after administrator)
    Restart the computer to login to admin account
    and then create new user account and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Unable to create account in settings

1. Unable to create account in settings - Similar Threads - Unable create account

2. unable create another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable create another account: whenever i create another user from the settings it will open a prompt for a second an then disappear .bcz of this i am unable to create another user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-create-another-account/c8408368-b40c-44d0-a2ce-aa435338c37d
  3. unable create another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable create another account: whenever i create another user from the settings it will open a prompt for a second an then disappear .bcz of this i am unable to create another user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-create-another-account/c8408368-b40c-44d0-a2ce-aa435338c37d
  4. Unable to create account in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in settings: Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile but I cant do it. What is blocking me to create a new user?...
  5. Unable to create account in settings

Unable to create account in settings: Trying to add new user using the steps provided however I am not able to see it on settings. I am the admin of this PC and I want to create new profile but I cant do it. What is blocking me to create a new user?...
  6. no option to create account in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to create account in settings: Trying to create another account for my siblings however I cant look it up on my settings. It is missing and I cant proceed. If there is someone know how to resolve this it is really appreaciated....
  7. no option to create account in settings

no option to create account in settings: Trying to create another account for my siblings however I cant look it up on my settings. It is missing and I cant proceed. If there is someone know how to resolve this it is really appreaciated....
  8. Account Unable to be created

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Unable to be created: Ok so im trying to make a backup account but i dont have the family thing and if i do windows r: netplwiz it wont show yes so i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unable-to-be-created/c4c7d09c-660f-4ffe-8a6a-d87cb8657cf1
  9. Unable to creat user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  10. Creating administrator account in settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating administrator account in settings: how do i create an administrator account when microsoft say they can,t connect me to microsoft family yet they recommend Under Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Accounts Contact icon > Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select Change account type....